Saturday, July 17, 2010

EtsyInspired Challenge # 97

Welcome to another week of Etsy Inspired Challenge. A big thank you to all of you who follow the blog and submit your creative projects to the challenge. I really enjoy looking through them!!

The shop of this week is Mermaids Tears Jewelry. Sea glass or Mermaid's Tears is also known as a wonderful natural creation filled with magic, legends and an air of mystery. Check out their store as each item is unique and magical. Be inspired by the item you choose and then create a project/card! This week's prize is pretty awesome!You can win $30 of gift certificate from Denami Design stamps!

I studied all the items from Mermaids Tears Jewelry and find so many items inspiring! I didn't pick one particular item, but these are the ones that I drew my inspiration from.

This is the result
Just saying hello
I made the wire clip to simulate part of the necklace.
Please check out the DT inspirational work!
Ashley  Heart Hugs Designs
 De  Bella Luna {Paperie}
Emily B. branch out designs
Emily N. Emmie-Lou Who Stamps &You
Jacki (on leave)
Joy  Crazy for Daisies
Kerry Capturing Creativity
Savannah  Savannahland 2
Stephanie Ingenious Inkling
Heather Rolin (July Guest DT)  My Creation Station
And
Virginia Yes, Virginia... (you are here)

25 comments:

Patricia said...

So beautiful card I love it. Love the clip =P

Barb said...

Virginia, this is such a pretty card! How fun that you were inspired by this gorgeous jewelry! The shell looks beautiful in the scalloped circle and the wire clip is so clever!

Kerry said...

What a pretty blue color! I like how you incorporated some wire and that shell image is great!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is amazing! I love the colors! It's so fresh and light!

alexandra s.m. said...

My favorite colors these days! Simply beautiful Virginia!

Dawn said...

very pretty Virginia. Great take on the inspiration this week.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I love where your inspiration takes you.

Emily Branch said...

This card is super fantabulous! I love how you replicated the wire! Nice, clean design! Good work!

Sarah said...

Great job pulling inspiration from the jewelery! What a wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful jewelery inspiration! Love how they came together in your card! Creative!-Leesa B

de said...

Virginia, so gorgeous! I love the wire to simulate the necklace adornments! So pretty!

CinnamonSally said...

Such a pretty card, love the blue, and beautiful jewellry to inspire you.

Lin said...

Gorgeous jewelry and I love that you focused in on the blues.......so romantic. The spiral wire is a lovely addition!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful, Virginia! I love that copper wire swirl! :)

Karen B. said...

Fantastic use of the wire! I like how that little element ties so much in with your inspiration and mimics the shell!

StampinCathy said...

This is one beautiful card. I love your handmade clip too. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy.

Fika said...

WOOW V, that cute clip is so irresistible!! What a perfect pair with little shell.. love the soft blue color here.. I really love the clean & crisp inspiration card.. you're one of the most inspiring stampers!! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Are you kidding me??? THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN! I LOVE it!! Virginia--you are so so so crafty! I love how that sentiment is being held with that clip!! This card is one of my FAVS! You rocked this inspiration!!!

Heather Maria said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! The colours are just beautiful and the gems and ribbon are so pretty. Love the clever way you attached the sentiment!

BabyBokChoy said...

GREAT interpretation of the challenge, so soft and so darling! Pretty card!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you tucked your sentiment into that great wire clip ... lovely inspired card.

Simone said...

I love this! You always know how to interpret things pefectly Virginia! Such a beautifully inspired card :)

Jill said...

Love the shell stamped on the scallop! Great job with the inspiration!

Alice Wertz said...

love your inspiration photos and how you interpretation! lovely card!!

Tiffany said...

Love the fresh blue colors on this! Gives you such a breezy and summery feel!