Saturday, July 24, 2010

EtsyInspired Challenge # 98

It's time to be inspired by the shop at EmenGee Designs.
You can just tell that each items are lovingly handcrafted. Enjoy your "eye candy"! The PRIZE is this!
Wouldn't you love that Bumble Bees in a Honeycomb hand embroidered and stamped mini clasp purse!
Our sponsor this week is Robyn's Fetish.
They have a great selection of digital stamps. The winner will receive 3 Robyn's Fetish digital stamps of their choice. Isn't that awesome!? As part of the DT members, we were lucky to be given three digital images to work with. I happen to fall in love with this ChooChoo Charlie Train ( see here ). LOVE how  this card turned out!
 I printed out the images on red and white card stock. It was purely incidental as I had JUST those two colors with the printer.
I then paper-pieced the train and kept the color scheme simple. Add the glitter, colors and buttons for the wheels! Voila! Now please check out the DT for more inspiration.
Jacki (on leave)
Savannah  Savannahland 2
Heather Rolin (July Guest DT)  My Creation Station

20 comments:

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is so cute! I love the glitter and buttons!

Kerry said...

I love what you did with this train! Super cute!

SmilynStef said...

How stinkin' cute is this ... love those button wheels and the paper piecing with the train is brilliant.

Alice Wertz said...

awww... this is sooooooo cute, Virginia! love the button wheels and the sentiment smoke!! too fun and clever!! you ROCK, girl!! =) have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

Joy said...

sweet card!

StampinCathy said...

Adorable! Adorable! Adorable! Love the bling bling train.

CinnamonSally said...

Really cute Virginia, love this sweet train!!

Lin said...

SO cute! Love those button wheels!

Karen B. said...

Ohh, so cute! Glitters and buttons and a cute train make for one adorable card.

Barbara said...

This is darling Virginia! The glitter and the buttons are so perfect!

Barb said...

This is so cute, Virginia! I love your little red train! The sentiment is place so cleverly! I love the button wheels too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This train is SUPER cute:) I love that heart brad you added! And the button wheels! SOOOOOOOOOO Fun!! I am going to use this image for a little boy's bday card--totally awesome:) Thanks for inspiring! Hope you have a fab weekend:) LOVE the EIC!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Oh, Virginia...this is absolutely adorable! I am partial to anything "boyish", and this is perfect! I love the glitzy "diamonds" the train is hauling, too! ;)

Jess said...

Adorable card! Love the sparkle and cute button wheels!

Emily Branch said...

Your image is soooo cute! I used the same one! the buttons for wheels are perfect! Fab job!

Kathy Martin said...

Adorable! Love those button wheels and that die cut! :)

de said...

I LOVE what you did with this image! I printed it out, then chickened out using it! And look what you did! AMAZING! I love it so!

Heather said...

Totally adorable! Love the use of the image!

alexandra s.m. said...

You are so good at creating THE perfect scene!
Love the card ;-)

Simone said...

This is so cute! Love the button wheels :) Gorgeous card Virginia!