Friday, July 16, 2010

A Love Story-the card!

In my previous post (see A Love Story), I mentioned that I was making a card about the love story. We all have a love story somewhere, don't we?  It's just a simple card, but every little detail seems to take longer to plan out. I want to keep the color scheme and design simple. Being simple is actually hard to do! Does that even make sense?
I am entering this card for Moxie Fab World's Let's Do Fun and Cute  challenge. According to the definition in MF world blog: " What makes a fun and cute card? To begin with--a happy color scheme, a sweet sentiment, and an uncomplicated design. Throw in some whimsy (like cartoons and doodles), a few simple shapes (like hearts and stars), some friendly patterns (like polka dots and gingham), and voila! There's a smile on your face and a song in your heart that's unmistakably fun and cute."
I'm not sure if I had achieve just that. But "fun and cute style" is definitely my cup of tea!
 a love story
The fish image is from Tiffany Doodles (see 3 Fish-Freebie Thursday). Aren't they adorable? The silver fish is  my DH John who is from the West (Canada) and I'm the orange fish from the East (Taiwan). Sometimes I still can't believe how we met in that hot summer of 1983 in Taiwan.
I used my Nesties that are shaped like a storybook since it's "story". I also used the versatile SRM Stickers for the sentiment. It's funny how I connect my love story to a card! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

24 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Ah, how sweet. I think you did a great job with the challenge.

donna mikasa said...

This is unmistakably fun and cute! I love that you used Tiffany's fishies and how they represent you and Dr. J.....so sweet!

Alice Wertz said...

so cute and fun!! love the story behind this, too! lovely!

Libby Hickson said...

Awww, love your love fish! :-)

Barbara said...

Absolutely adorable !!!! This makes me smile from ear to ear Virginia!!! I think it's perfect for the challenge!

Lin said...

So cute, Virginia, great entry!!

Sarah said...

Such cute card, Virginia!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, this card is fun and cute--love this card. This is perfect for the challenge and you did a great job.

Kryssi said...

uhh YEAH! that is TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY fun and cute! AND it has a special story behind it! Cath, please pick this as a winner. Please. :)

Barb said...

Just love it, V! How adorable are those little fishies!? And you definitely achieved not only simple, but really, really cute!!

Agata said...

This is definitely a fun and cute!!! Love your proposition for this challenge!

Tiffany said...

I always love fun and cute Virginia, ofcourse, you know that! ;) Your fishies look really in love and you can just tell they are in their own little world! Love the ric rac!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

I love that you used the storybook diecut for your love story! So clever! This card is definitely "fun and cute!" Love this Virginia! Dr. John will love it too!

Karen B. said...

Entirely way to cute Virginia!

Dawn said...

so cute Virginia. Love the look of this one.

Kathy Martin said...

This is certainly CUTE Virginia! I love it! Love the blue and orange together! Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

So clever to use the storybook diecut! Your card is perfect for the challenge and your love story items touch my heart these days. What the world needs now is love sweet love!-Leesa B

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This card is FUN AND CUTE:} I love those two fishes! What a cute cute card:) Good luck on the challenge--I'm gonna have to check out these styles!! Great job:)

ps..check out Just Us Girls and Embellish Magazine's challenges--I think this card might fit in with those as well!!

Heather said...

Super beautiful card! Love the take on the art! Hugs!

Laural-Lee said...

This is definitely fun and cute. Love the shiny fish! Great colours and adorable use of ric rac.

Opposites attract...west coast meets east coast. It's amazing how two people can be brought together when it's meant to be.

Ashley M said...

Wow, Virginia! This card makes me smile. You really know how to make people happy!

Simone said...

Aww this is so cute! This is definitely fun and cute and makes me smile everytime i see it!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun!