Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Recipe Book -Made with Love

If you are coming from Tiffany Doodles post. Please go HERE or scroll down
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was so inspired by this awesome video by Shari Carroll. Every page is full with fantastic ideas and is studded with amazing details. I have been meaning to compile a little recipe book for my daughter Stephanie. She has been learning how to cook whenever she is at home. Over the last few summers, she apprenticed a few times under my supervision and she now can make fabulous Apple Pie, Banana Chocolate Chip Bread and prepare a few easy dishes. I know she would LOVE to have these recipes on hand when university starts this fall. Her friends who live outside the campus will REALLY appreciate this little book when Stephanie comes visiting! Since I don't have a fancy book-binding gadget like Zutter
I used my very low tech paper punch. It's not  the best, but it works!
I know that making a recipe book sounds like a daunting task! So I started out with three cards and punched holes accordingly. It didn't seem so bad.
I used the corner stickers to hold the recipe cards and then covered the strawberries and cherries over them.
So here's the result...front cover of the little recipe booklet.
Then I made a "removable" coffee mug and recipe card (It's apple pie-Stephanie's favorite!)
The left side is a note list that you can add, and on the right is the coupon section.
The following page is the removable Chocolate Chip Cookie section
with my hand-written recipe.
On the left page is the recipe clipping section and the right side is the shopping list.
Recipes for pancakes and the Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. I used the Easter Egg stamp set for the bottom border. 
And that is the back cover of my little booklet.
I intended to add more pages when Stephanie's cooking repertoire and my Hero Arts Cooking stamps increase.
Thanks so much for looking at my little recipe book. I hope you like it, Stephanie !! xoxo

22 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

She will treasure this Virginia...I so wish you were closer to CA...I could have let you use my Zutter....Hugs!!

Patricia said...

So cute recipe book I love it =P

Nancy said...

WOW! What an amazing project, Virginia. I am sure that Stephanie will adore it. Such a lovely keepsake!

Natacha said...

What a great recipe book!!! I have been wanting to down size all my recipe books into one with all the recipes that i use most often. I have waited saving my money to get the "bind it all" well now you gave me a great idea to get started with out it. Thanks so much!!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh my goodness!
What a super FABULOUS recipe book!!!
I love it!!! You did an amazing job Virginia!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, great recipe booklet. You are so very creative. I would of never thought of making a recipe book. Love all details that you described. Stephanie will love it. Hugs to you.

Barbara said...

This makes my heart smile Virginia! I love all of the sweet details! I bet Stephanie will just beam when you give it to her! What a loving mom you are. :-)
Barbara

laurieloou said...

I bet Stephanie will love this! Thank you for sharing this, I'm meant to be making a receipe box for my friend (who has receipe's on scraps of paper) and can't seem to get started on it. Great inspiration :) just need to put some receipe's in the box for her, any ideas?! I will have to get some of these stamps, definitely the write your own and what's cooking! xx

Dawn said...

What a really cute idea for Stephanie. Love how it all came together.

BabyBokChoy said...

This is such a creative and fantastic idea, totally awesome!

Alice Wertz said...

what a sweet idea! Stephaine will treasure this!! so full of love and fun!! LOVE IT!! =)

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a DARLING and THOUGHTFUL gift for Stephanie. She will LOVE that it was created from your heart. You certainly packed a TON into it and I loved seeing all of your favorite recipes. Great idea on how to "bind" it together if you don't own a Zutter. Your punch works perfectly. Looks like you spent LOTS of time and LOTS of LOVE into your special treasure. Thanks for the inspiration. Love, Karen xoxoxo

Karen B. said...

Great idea, thanks for the ideas!

Simone said...

Oh wow! this is such an awesome recipe book!! I'm soo glad you shared this Virigina - such an inspiration! Stephanie will cherish this!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Great present for your daughter - given me an idea for mine also leaving for university! Love the recipe cards using that stamp!

Tiffany said...

What a darling little recipe book, such work that went into this! Very detailed and love all the photos....I want to make a little mini 'scrap' book someday just need to find the time to put it all together! Thanks for sharing!

Trinh said...

What a treasure for your daughter, Virginia! I wish I had spent more time learning to cook from my Mom when I was younger. So wonderful that you & your daughter can share this.

linda said...

Wow, this is the cutest booklet ever. Cool that hero arts has the whole bookmaking theme going now too :)

Stephanie said...

WOW it looks AWESOME! Thanks Mommy! <3 My friends thank you in advance too. :)

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Wow! I'm impressed! What an awesome recipe card book and gift for Stephanie! Great job Virginia!

ivy said...

great book!

Ayoune said...

Great recipe book virginia