Thursday, July 22, 2010

Treehouse Thursday Challenge # 059

This week's Treehouse's challenge (you can shop here)  is watercolor! I must be honest with you that water-coloring is not my forte. However, I did manage to get my watercolors out and decided to keep it simple. I chose to color just one image.
When I made this card, I have one special person in mind...my daughter Stephanie (see her photo website here)  ! She is still away in Singapore and that is how I feel when she is not around. This sentiment is also perfect for my son who also feels "crabby" since his playmates will be away on their 3-week vacation! Do you feel crabby? if so, go make a card! I promise you that you'll feel...less crabby happy instantly!
I'm counting down the days for Stephanie to come home. She is arriving this Saturday! Yippee!
And oh....she got me some precious Japanese masking tape from Singapore!! Got to love a daughter like that!!
You have one week to complete the challenge. Hope you will join the fun! Here are the DT member's blogs to get you inspired!
Ashley      Neva
    Kelly          Yaneri    
  Maria          Gloria    
 Kimberly      Stephanie     
Thanks so much for your kind comments. They really keep my going :)

22 comments:

Barb said...

Hi V! This is so cute! Darling little crab! Love the sparkle! Won't be long now, and Stephanie will be back home! Yay!! She'll love seeing this card!

alexandra s.m. said...

You are such on a roll!
Love your card and your sweet story behind it.
Stephanie seems to be as talented as her Mom, her site is breathtaking!
Thanks for sharing V!

Dawn said...

Virginia... what a hoot... love the card. I bet you miss your daughter... at least mine lives in the same town....and we talk on the phone at least 4 times a week...still miss her at home though!!!!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so stinking cute, Virginia! very sweet card! good thing is that Stephanie is coming home soon! =) I am sure she will love this! take care and keep those cards coming! =)

Heather Maria said...

You're so funny Virginia - you always give me a good giggle! Your card is adorable! Great scene and love the non crabby crab! Hope the time till Saturday flies by for you!

Neva said...

WOW Virginia this is awesome. Sorry this challenge was so challenging for you but it turned out fantastic.

Joy said...

Such a sweet and adorable card, love it!

de said...

Love this Virgina! That crab is adorable and love the sentiment!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a super cute crab!! I love that glitter touch--so fun!! This card turned out AWESOME:) Must go visit the challenge site--never heard of it:) TFS!!

Kathy said...

Love this crabby frog with all the sand. I bet you are so excited to get your family back together. Hugs sistaxx

Tenia Nelson said...

So so so cute!!!!!

Lin said...

Such a fun card! Love that crabby crab!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

So cute Virginia! Love the crab. :) I bet you'll love having Stephanie home!

Jill said...

Love these bright colors and super cute sentiment! Another fab card, Virginia!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Virginia...I think we all feel crabby at times!! Love your card!!

Monika Reeck said...

Virginiaaaa...I love this mr Crabby Images so sooo cuuuteee and love the CRABBY words you did...cute and fun card....wie geht es dir....must be so busy with viele DT ....see you again on my Blog dear...hugs...

Anonymous said...

So darn cute this crabby card! Made me laugh and I love the saying!! So glad Stephanie is heading home soon! This card is so perfect!-Leesa B.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Virginia, lately I am crabby all the time!!! Making cards makes me feel better... but sometimes not even a cards makes the crabby mood disappear! I guess is a hormone thing...lol... Anyway, super cute card! I love the happy crab!

Karen B. said...

Such a cute card, makes me smile and really not be crabby anymore!

Suzanne C said...

Very cute! Love the crab image and such a cute scene!

Simone said...

This is so cute Virginia!! Love that cute little crab! Stephanie will love this and its not long now til she's home! Always love stopping by your blog and seeing your gorgeous cards, makes me smile :)

ivy said...

can't wait to see the tape she bought ya! how lucky she keeps an eye out for stuff like that! cute crab card....i just bought bryan a shirt that has a crab on it that saws crabby! fits his 3yr old persona right now =(