Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2 Sketches 4You and ...Wee Memories Challenge...

I came across with this sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You and I was loving it so much, so I plan to give it a go. What I didn't realize was that I would make two cards from the sketch! I started with this adorable image from Kathy Martin's Make it Double at Two Peas. The great thing about digital image is the resizing. I almost always re-size them every time I used digital images (and yeah, flipping the images is fun,too!). I turned the sketch clockwise in 90 degree and made a card based on that.
#1
Not only I made the scoops double,  I made the ice cream "quintuple"! The green strip of paper is from Basic Grey and I added some white dots and stamped some hearts to finish the look. This time I resisted not to add Glossy Accent and glitter. I thought I would just let the colors "shine".
 It was a lot of fun to color the images with copics. When I colored, I imagined all the flavors of them...YUM! Added note: I'm entering this for ...Wee Memories Challenge... thanks to my blog friends' tips. The 2nd card was easy to put together as I had all the pieces laid out in front of me. The flower image is from Treehouse's fall new release (Bountiful Blessings). I distressed and colored the flowers with Prisma pencils and blended the colors with mineral spirit. I was amazed with the Japaneses tape (the brown lace) that my daughter Stephanie bought me! No wonder that it's such a hot item!
 Thank You
The green section of the paper is stamped with Scroll Vine from Hero Arts (see here). The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. I just loves the ease of using stickers and tape!! Hope you enjoy these two cards from one sketch. Thanks for stopping by!

30 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh Virginia, now I'm hungry and it's late but I'm gonna fatten myself by eating some icecream, lol, thanks! LOL. CUTE CUTE fabulous card and don't you just love SRM stickers? fabulousness!!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love love them both Virginia!

Lin said...

Oh, those ice creams look yummy! Let's see, strawberry, orange pineapple, chocolate, mint and blueberry! Love the scallops and all the pattern going on!

Simone said...

Yum! Those icecreams look so sweet Virginia! Love the beautiful purple flower and that Japanese tape is gorgeous! :)

Kelly Booth said...

Love both cards V...bit that Ice Cream card is YUM!!!!

AnitaRex said...

Love the ice cream! So cute! It makes me want some! And you should enter it into the Wee Memories challenge which is sweets! Love both cards! I am going for ice cream now!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! Your cards are REALLY DARLING!! I can't get over how you've mastered those Copics! All of the flavors look delicious! I must say, I really do like this sketch. You also worked it in PERFECTLY with your pretty flower card, too! You've got such a great sense of design! Gosh I want to CREATE! Counting the months until I do! :) Thanks always for the inspiration! Love, Karenxo

donna mikasa said...

Awesome cards, as always and it looks like the ice cream one is everyone's fave--mine, too! Love how you flipped the sketch and used such yummy colors! You just rocked the sketch!

Vanessa said...

Fabulous cards! Love these!Yummy ice-cream!

Karen B. said...

2 great cards, love how bright and cheery the colors are.

Sarah said...

Fabulous ice cream card! You're making me hungry for ice cream. :)

Berenice R. said...

So cute card! Love the colors. Great take on the sketch :)

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Both are great cards Virginia! I love the quadruple ice cream cone! Are you on twitter? What's your username? I want to follow you. Mine is kkrolski. Hope you're having a great week!

Dotty Jo said...

Isn't it great when a sketch just 'speaks' to you! These are both brilliant Virginia, I especially like card number one - totally yummy and such fun, Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Virginia, I particularly love the first one, great colours and great idea with the ice cream,Yummy!!

Tiffany said...

Oh yummy! Both cards make me so very happy! I'm going to dive into some icecream today definitely because of you! ;)

Alice Wertz said...

your ice cream card is too cute, Virginia!! and the flower card is so pretty! very beautiful colors!

Stamping Cafe said...

Beautiful beautiful cards, Virginia!! Love your take on the sketch, and the yummy colors too!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER cute! LOVE both the cards--you should enter the "sweet wonderful you" in the Wee Memories Sweet contest:) LOVE that huge ice cream cone;) http://suchins.blogspot.com/2010/08/challenge-19-sponsored-by-may-arts.html

vera rhuhay said...

Love the yummy ice cream,Virginia! and love the second card too! always love how you used the Scroll Vine stamp :)

Michele Gross said...

Love all those yummy scoops! I'm screaming for ice cream!! :) Glad you joined us at Wee Memories!

Diana said...

Especially love the ice cream cone Virginia! Thanks for sharing! Loads of new cards on my blog! Thankful we met!

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Court said...

Great... I'm about to go to sleep and now I want ice cream! ;) Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a sweet card, Virginia! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!

Agata said...

Great take at this sketch! Love your ice cream! Now I scream for some, lol!

Laurel said...

So cute, love the ice cream! thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Suzanne C said...

Another fabulous ice cream card! Love the flowery card too.

Stacey Schafer said...

darling projects!

Tomo H. said...

Love these card! The ice cream card is so cute, and the flower thank you card is beautiful!!