Sunday, August 8, 2010

Altered Note Books

I wanted to make some party favors for David's 16th birthday. The new school year starts right after Labor Day here in Canada. So what can be more appropriate for a bunch of teenagers? Note books! I bought these note books from the Dollar Store. Three books come in one pack, so it's super easy on the budget!
Here you see the green one in the middle in its original form
Altered note books (before and after)
Here's the close-up

 I added Glossy Accent on the thumb tag (it actually look so much like the real one as it is shiny and looks like plastics!).
Close-up of note books
Since I have to make a dozens of them, I kept the alterations as simple as possible.
So many note books!
Thanks for looking at these simple altered note books! I know these are pretty ordinary  (only if I can give IPod, IPad, The Notebook laptop....), but I know they are original and they are created from the heart :)
And here are my two lovelies of my life!!
Hope their smiles bring you a smile... or two :)

18 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

These are so cute, makes me smile! :)

Karen B. said...

Fantastic idea for the start of school! Love the combination of colors.

Dawn said...

Love the note books Virginia. Great idea to keep the alternations simple... they still look stunning. And your children are so happy looking... what a joy for you.

Lin said...

What a nice thing to do for them, V! Hope David's birthday was a good one for him .....and for you!

alexandra s.m. said...

Excellent Virginia!
How clever ~

Tiffany said...

What a perfect set of school supplies for back-to-school...we don't start until Sept. 9. Start late and get out late...that's how it is here! Hope David had an awesome birthday celebration!

Tomo H. said...

Excellent idea, Virginia! Those are so cute but so cool!
P.S. I caught two smiles from your sweeties!;) Thank you! Have a wonderful week!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a DARLING idea! You really did a SUPER job creating these sweet notebooks. You've inspired me. LOVE that photo of David and Stephanie......it's my FAVORITE one! Nice to hear that David's party was a FUN TIME, spent with NICE friends. Now go rest up, Virginia. You've been SO BUSY getting things ready for David's party and I know he appreciates ALL you've done for him! You're such a GOOD MOM.
Love, Karen xoxox

Barb said...

Bet they loved these, Virginia! What a sweet thing for you to do! Great photo of your two beautiful kids! Their big smiles definitely made me smile!

Simone said...

This is such a great idea Virginia! I bet they all loved these favors! And that is such a gorgeous picture of David and Stephanie!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a great idea, Virginia. A simple change made such a big difference. And Dvaid & Stephanie pic is so fun. It made me smile to see their big happy smile.

AnitaRex said...

Virginia I love those notebooks, have you fiven it away? Did they like it? Love all the colors! And what a fantastic photo of your tewo loveies! Perfect to be framed!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Virginia these notebooks are perfect! What a FAB idea! When you start giving away iPads, send one my way, will ya? heehee... :)
The photo of your kids is precious! Love their big smiles! Happy kids must mean happy parents, right?!!

Sarah said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! :)

Jill said...

Such a fun happy picture! Love your altered notebooks- what a clever and thoughtful idea!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your notebooks are just fabulous, Virginia! What a great idea for back to school party!

Your kiddos are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Alice Wertz said...

super idea, Virginia!! love that you are giving practical favors, too! fab altering of the notebooks!!! love the cute photo you shared, too! =)

Heather Maria said...

Such a brilliant photo of Stephanie and David! I love your notebooks and they are such a great idea for party favours!