Sunday, August 22, 2010

EBTKS Challenge # 21

I love a simple sketch from the Everything But the Kitchen Sink Challenge #21 like this because the possibilites are endless. I looked into my drawers and picked out the stamps that have been neglected for the longest time. So this is what came up.
Brads and Buttons
I am not sure what buttons (here) got to do with the froggie ( here)... but this stamp combo sure makes me happy. Hope it does that for you. I also entered this caard for Wee Memories #18. I made the deadline in the last few hours! The theme is to use bards, blings and brads (all or any of the items). I paper-pieced the frog with Basic Grey paper and added the tinies brads that I have. The sentiment is from Happy Animal(here). What's you plan today? I'm heading to see "Eat Love Pray" by Julia Roberts with my girlfriend Colleen. I know the review was just OK, but I need a guilt-free pleasure :)

18 comments:

Barb said...

Virginia, this is so adorable! I love those cute buttons! Great take on the sketch! So fun to see that sweet frog again too! Have fun at the movies today! :)

Lin said...

So cute! As to the "reviews", it's usually the ones that the critics hate that I love! Have fun, and I want your review tomorrow!

Kathy Martin said...

CUTE! Love those paper stamped buttons! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

ribbelicious!! Cute stuff Virginia!

Karen B. said...

Oh he's way too cute, love the unusual and fabulous banner down on the bottom! Very creative!

AnitaRex said...

Hi Virgina! Love that froggie! Love the combination of stamps! And love those brads! :>

Sarah said...

Too cute! Love the string of paper buttons!

Heather Maria said...

Adorable card Virginia! The frog is so cute with the glossy eyes and flowery tummy! LOVE the buttons too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super duper cuteness!!

vera rhuhay said...

Awww...SO cute,V! I love the buttos banner...you are so creative!!!!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Oh, this is so stinkin cute! I love the frog with the button banner. What a great card! Hope you enjoyed the movie. :)

Karen from MI said...

Could your card get ANY CUTER, Virginia! I LOVE what you've designed. It's SO HAPPY and colorful.......just like YOU! Thanks for the inspiration!
I'm sure the movie was a BIG HIT! I hope to see it, SOON! Love, Karen xo

Simone said...

Aww i love this! It's so cute and those buttons are sooo gorgeous :)

gberry14 said...

I love this froggie!! and the cute button flowers; just such a happy card and so creative!-Leesa B

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet! love that frog! the button/stamped banner is fab!! perfect touch! love this cute card, Virginia!!

Vicky said...

Wow, another cutie! I like how you used this button stamp set, it's been sitting on my drawer for ages unopened. You are really creative!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the banner! Thank you for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is so clever, Virginia! That sketch would intimidate me but you simplified it perfectly! I love the buttony banner, and that's probably why froggy is smiling! So cute!!