Saturday, August 21, 2010

EtsyInspired Challenge #102

Welcome to another fabulous week at Etsy Inspired Challenge! Our shop this week is Global Child Connection (see here)! You must check it out as the work is so very inspiring! The shop's statement:  HELP RAISE FUNDS FOR THE GULF BY PURCHASING OUR "PROTECT OUR WATER" PRINT. 50% of proceeds will go to the National Wildlife Federation's Gulf Restoration Fun
Winner - 8x10 print of their choice
Sponsor: Digi Doodle (shop here)
Winner - $10 Gift Voucher towards anything but custom blog work.
Here's the (8x10) Forest Collection Trees Recycled Collage Print
 from Global Child Connection that inspired me
Here's the Three Tree card I made. Noticed the Starbucks coffee sleeves?
Since Global Child Connection is such a Eco-friendly themed company, I want to share one project that my daughter Stephanie had made. Stephanie is going into 4th in Environmental Studies in university. She strongly advocates on preserving the water, electricity and all environmental causes. All this echos her belief in her school agenda book. She reused some old paper scraps for the cover and used my Hero Arts monkey stamps for this makeover of her agenda book (it was all black in its original form).
here's a close-up
Lastly I made another card from this inspiration

hey you!
Please check out our FABULOUS design team's work (see here) and remember to link your projects/cards to the blog (here). Have a great weekend, my friends!

23 comments:

Barb said...

Hi V! Hope you are well! I love your tree card! Great take on the challenge print! Stephanie's cover is wonderful too! And the turtles are adorable! So cute the way you have them climbing the hill together! Hugs to you! :)

Nancy said...

Hi Virginia...cute turtle card, love that inspiration too! Stephanie's notebook cover is fun too, gotta love those monkeys! And I really like your clever up-cycled tree card!
Have a wonderful weekend
bless you!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Virginia! Love your eco-friendly cards! Too cute! And Steph is so crafty--just like her Mom! Love her notebook!

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous cards and love the notebook. Both of you are so creative and inspiring.

Joy said...

these are wonderful!!!!

Kerry said...

Very cute earth friendly designs! Love the three trees card. I need to tell my husband to save his coffee sleeves! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

"great minds think alike" heeheehee...I see that you love to recycle ;-)
Love your projects!
Have a great w-e!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your cards are all fabulous, Virginia! Beautiful work! :)

de said...

OMG your projects are wonderful! Everyone went above and beyond today! LOVE EM!

SmilynStef said...

Love those happy little turtles ... adorable inspired cards.

Suzanne C said...

love that starbucks touch on your card. Love both cards. The turtles are too cute. Your daughter's covers are too cute!

Kathy Martin said...

GREAT stuff Virginia! Love the idea of re-using items!

By-the-way...did you know that I'm searching for a couple new design team members??? Your work is pretty spectacular and I'd love for you to consider????

Alice Wertz said...

your cards are always so cute and delightful, Virginia!! LOVE them! and wow! Stephanie's book cover is so fun and creative, too! amazing work! she is so talented!! wow!

BabyBokChoy said...

I'm so so delighted with that turtle card! I'm giddy over it in fact. Love the book cover!!!! so perfect for school!! sigh... green friends forever indeed!!!

Karen from MI said...

SWEET CARDS, Virginia! Your turtle card really is ADORABLE. I also LOVE Stephanie's journal......like Mother, like Daughter! You have LOTS of talent in your house!! Love, Karen oxxo

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

What adorable cards! I like you were inspired to three! I think the turtle card has won me over!

Nat said...

just loving all these creations!! your cards always inspire me!! beautiful designs!

Jill said...

Great interpretations of the sweet inspiration pieces! Love Stephanie's creation, too!

Sorry I haven't been able to comment much this week. Just know that I've been stopping by often to get a peek at all of your awesome eye-candy!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOVE all three of your cards:) I love that turtle behind the others--so cute! I also love love love your daughter's book/project! SO clever--I love that kraft with the red ink!! And the images are super cute! This was the perfect Etsy store to inspire her:) And finally--I love that you used a starbucks coffee sleeve on the first card! I LOVE that little bird--you are so crafty and amazing:) Love visiting here!

Emily Branch said...

OMG!!! You are soooo fabulously creative!! The tree card is fantastic, especially with the corrugated cardboard. Your daughter's sketchbook is super awesome and creative, fabulous designing runs in the family. The little turtle card is super precious!! I love how you stamped and colored on the label. Great work this week

Heather Maria said...

These are two wonderful and creative cards Virginia! Love Stephanie's makeover on her school agenda book too!

Simone said...

Virginia these are all so cute! Love the tree card! Love Stephanie's book cover - she has definitely picked up her mum's amazing talent! :)

Kara said...

both cards are great..love those cute turtles!!