Thursday, August 26, 2010

MORE Ice Cream, Please!

I can't get enough of ice cream...so I'm making some more....cards, that is. This digital image from Kathy Martins' at Two Peas (see here) is just too addictive! I can think of many more versions (or shall we say flavors?) to make. This is definitely one of those guilt-free pleasures in life without the calories!!
I added some glitter on the ice cream! Don't they look yummy?
And oh just so you know... I'm not done with ice cream cards yet, there's more to come next week!

I'm entering this card for the Wee Memories challenge (see here). My fellow Canadian friend Anita has a giveaway on her blog (see here). Please go check out her awesome creations! Finally, here's a fun episode from the Lu household that Stephanie posted on her facebook.

It's 10:30 PM. The Lu family is gathered around the kitchen island having just finished dinner. David swings his chair around to open the freezer door to pull out a box of ice cream sandwiches.
David: Look at what we bought today!!!
Stephanie: Ugh, what are you trying to do to me?! *facepalm*
Mommy Lu: Yeah David went grocery shopping with me today.
Daddy Lu: So unhealthy David. *looks disapprovingly*
Mommy Lu: Fine, if you don't approve then don't eat them.
*long pause*
Stephanie: Sandwiches are nutritious.
David: THEY'RE BROWN BREAD TOO!!!

...maybe you had to be there, but this made my day.

25 comments:

AnitaRex said...

LOL! It made me laugh hard! So funny! Brown bread! Love this ice cream card! Love the bites! So happy you played with Wee Memories! And mentioned me! Yay!

Berenice R. said...

So sweet card! I love the images. Thanks for sharing :)

Jenny said...

Sooo sweet, love this!! :) :) :) thanks for playing too!!

Simone said...

LOL!! That was too funny Virginia! Love this card - those icecreams are yummy enough to eat! Thanks for playing along with the Wee Memories challenge :)

BabyBokChoy said...

I just had some icecream and yours look better than mine :0 Cute stuff Virginia! Love your glittered icecream!!

Karen from MI said...

SMILING BIG, as I can just see all of you sharing with each other at your kitchen island.....these are the precious/priceless memories that you will always carry with you, Virginia. LOVE your cute card, too. You never cease to amaze me, Virginia. I can't think of anything clever these days....you're my inspiration. Keep making those memories, Virginia, love reading/hearing them. Love, Karen xo

Court said...

Very cute card. Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Tiffany said...

Very sweet, beautiful colors on each flavor, yum! I'm going to my freezer NOW!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!

Karen B. said...

Funny story, sounds like my kids! What a super sweet, great CAS card! Love how you've taken bites out of the icecream too.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Virginia, I love the clean design of this card!! Loved it! Thanks again for playing with us at Wee Memories.

Barb said...

Thanks so much for the laugh, V! And your card is adorable! Love the yummy flavors you gave to the ice cream! So glad to hear there are more coming!

Laurel said...

Another cute card, thanks for playing again!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

LOL! Love the family story!! :)
Your card is adorable. Love those different colored ice cream scoops. Too cute!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE the family story--super fun! This card is so cute--wish they made glitter ice cream! Maybe they do--it's been awhile since I've had some....last fav kind of ice cream--BIRTHDAY CAKE (sold only at Publix stores! MMMM!). Great card--as always!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Virginia, I just want to say thank you for your lovely thoughts on my blog. I am so blessed to have you to cheer me up with your kindness. Hugs.

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous sweet and delicous card! The story was just too funny! Nobody can resist (ha) ice cream sandwiches!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh YUMMY! LOL...love the way they all have a bite gone! :) Very creative....great work! :) Would love to post on my blog! :)

Michele Gross said...

Oh how darling! I love the bites out of the ice cream :) So glad you joined us at Wee Memories :)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Super cute card, Virginia!

Alice Wertz said...

hehe, your family is so cute!! =) don't forget to eat one for me! LOVE your sweet card, girl!! just makes me smile! =)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Oh, I just love how your cones have bites (or licks) off the tops!

Sherri Thompson said...

This is just too sweet, Virginia! I love the "bites"!

Jenny said...

This card is just great V! You won too!! :) :) :) :) :) Congrats friend!

Trinh said...

Congrats on your win, Virginia! This card is so cute and I love how you added the bites.