Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Scrappy Saturday Challenge #20

I think it's time for some happy cards, don't you? My last post of the ice cream cards won the last Scrappy Saturday Challenge (see here). Yippee! I'm getting some new May Arts ribbons! Sorry to say I have none since I don't see these gorgeous ribbons selling here in my area! So I'm looking forward to some ribbon goodness! I made this card for the current Wee Memories' Challenge (In the Forest).
I used the lovely Sizzix diecut (see frog w/flower) that my special friend Leesa sent me. This really makes the card easy to put together. I also used the SRM Stickers to finish off the sentiment with the butterfly.
love to you
Lastly, I am leaving you a simple card I made over the weekend.
hello
Hope you have a great week ahead! This is last week for my DD Stephanie at home as she is heading back to college after the Labour Day weekend. Where did August go?

18 comments:

Simone said...

Yay! Congrats on winning the last challenge V!! Both of these cards are gorgeous! That little froggie is sooo cute! Thanks for playing along with us again at Wee Memories :)

AnitaRex said...

So happy to see that you won the challenge last time Virgina! I loved your ice cream card! :> Love this one too! That frog is too cute! August did go soooo fast! :>

Barb said...

Yippee for you, V! Loved your ice cream card and knew it was a winner! I love that frog! He looks so fuzzy, I just want to touch him! Lovely, simple card too! The white borders look wonderful! I hope your last week with Stephanie is special. So hard to say goodbye again! Big hug!

alexandra s.m. said...

Huge Congrats Virginia!
Love your cards, so so sweet ;-)

vera rhuhay said...

Yay...Congrats Virginia! Your ice cream card totally cute!!!
and love this froggy card today! He looks so cute!!

Jenny said...

Soo cute! I love these!! :) :) :) :) thanks for playing again, i love seeing all you create!!

ivy said...

leesa is the sweetest isn't she?! cute card!

good luck to stephanie on her studies this upcoming year! brandon starts 1st grade this wednesday!!

Heather Maria said...

Congrats on your win, Virginia! Your cards are adorable! I feel as if the whole summer has flown by! Best wishes to Stephanie as she returns to college.

Karen B. said...

Both great cards! I love the frog on the first and the use of the sticker sentiment.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Both of the cards are cute as can be, Virginia! I LOVE the bike with the scallops! too adorable!

Lin said...

Congratulations, little sis, on winning last week's challenge - can't wait to see what you get! THIS one is adorable, love that froggie holding the flower - genius! And your bike card is fun, too; love the way you used it!

Kryssi said...

these cards sure do have a ton of personality, just like you!

Jess said...

Beautiful cards!

Nancy said...

Wonderful card-making goodness, my friend! sorry I've been a bit absent but I'm glad I didn't miss this post!
bless you!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Congrats on winning! I love both cards today, but the bicycle is my fav. August flew by. It's crazy how fast time goes now!

Court said...

Love that little froggy!!! VERY cute. Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

Alice Wertz said...

too cute!! love that adorable frog!! love your darling cards, Virginia!!

Laurel said...

LOVE these! especially that frog! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!