Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer fun card!

Have I been blogging too much? I think so. Last week was the first time I have a blog post EVERY day in one week! I'm so sorry if my blog posts have tired your out . This is what my DH Dr. John said: "You blog so often, your followers are going to get tired of your blog!!" No kidding!! So I am thanking you for coming here every so often and give me your sweet comments. Here's a video of my 16-year old David playing Chopin. You do not have to listen if you don't want to. " Don't bore people!" is what Dr. John said...
Today I'm sharing a summery card. The image called Palm Island is from Tiffany Doodles from Freebie Thursday. I printed out a few in white, green and brown card stock, so some were copic-colored, some were paper-pieced. I'm entering this card for Simon Says Stamp Challenge. The challenge is "...find a cure for those SUMMERTIME BLUES!!!! Your Summery creation needs to have some BLUE in it".
Kick Back
I used the SRM Stickers for the sentiment. I also added some Stickles for the shiney sandy beach. Hope you get some summery feel. I will be attending our nephew's wedding on Saturday in Philadelphia. Hope the flight and travel will go smoothly! Enjoy summer while it's still here :)

16 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

i'll never get tired of your delightful cards and blog, Virginia!! i LOVE visiting you and love to know that you are happy and well! so keep those fun posts coming!!! =) LOVE your sweet summery card! love the relaxing scene! now, only if i can take a vacation in hawaii.....

AnitaRex said...

I love what Dr John said to you! So funny! Love this card! So summery! I like how you did the sand! Always love your son's playing! :> Have a safe flight and a great wedding!

Barb said...

Are you kidding!? You can go and show Dr. John my comment right now! I LOVE coming to your blog! It's one of the last things I do before heading to bed every night! Love the card, V! Have a fun time at the wedding and I know you'll stay safe in your travels!

Tomo H. said...

Hi, Virginia! Thanks for your invitation e-mail of David's piano recital! He is truly talented! I can play the same musical composition by Chopin, but I cannot play well like him.
'Hi, David! Thanks you! I enjoyed your beautiful timbre a lot! :)'

And I never get tired of your charming creations and blog, and will never...
Virginia, though I can't have time to come here frequently, I read and see them all when I access here! :)
What a charming and delightful card you posted today! Love it!!! :)
Have a safe trip, Virginia!
P.S. I'm gonna send you my reply while you are out, 'cos I have visitors now. And I received the photos yesterday. Thank you!
Hugs, Tomo

Mary Dawn said...

you could never bore me! tell dr. john that i said that ;)

and david is a virtuoso, so talented

Lin said...

Don't listen to Dr. John! We love reading your blog! This is perfect for the challenge, Virginia!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the blue border around the image! It really resembles water :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

-Sarah

Ravengirl said...

Love your card! Thank you for posting that video of your son! He plays beautifully! Please pass along my compliments! You must be so proud!

Diana said...

Such an ADORABLE card Virginia!!!!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Your card is so adorable Virginia! And tell Dr. John that we LOVE your blog! David, you're awesome! :)
Safe travels!

Sanne said...

Wonderful cards (as allways) since my last visit to your blog Virginia. I haven´t been in the mood for card making since I came back from holiday hope it will come back to me ;0) It has been hard starting job after 4 weeks break and when I come home I just enjoy the sun and visit my friends. So for now I just enjoy my blogfriends creations!
Big hug Sanne

BabyBokChoy said...

Tell Dr. John "Don't worry." As long as there is breath in us, we will go to the doctor's like we will visit your blog, LOL.

Karen from MI said...

OH MY! HOW LOVELY!! I really liked hearing David's piano playing and how "lively" "Chopin" can be (PLEASE don't tell me this is ANOTHER "blonde" moment for me). And Virginia, your card is DARLING......so BRIGHT and HAPPY......it was showcased PERFECTLY with David's music! I LOVED IT! Love, Karen xooxoxo

Simone said...

This is such a gorgeous card and the video of David playing was amazing! Haha tell Dr John that your readers will never tire of reading your blog Virginia! I always love coming here :)

Christine said...

Your card is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

Vicky said...

Definitely one of my favorites! So clean and fresh. I like the white space and the colors you chose. You are so talented in every way, you can create any style of card :)