Sunday, August 29, 2010

TV and Manly Cards!

One thing I (or maybe you, too?) find it hard to do is to make manly cards. I'm loving the FREE digie from Tiffany Doodles (TV set). I asked my DD Stephanie what she would do with that image, she told me a few ideas and I thought they are quite cool. With her permission, I took her ideas and made these two cards. In the first one, the versatile SRM Stickers are just perfect for the clean look that I want for the manly cards. I covered the sticker over the stamped image. Love that!
eat cake!
Here's another one from Stephanie's suggestion.
DSCN49903116
I cut up the SRM Sticker sentiment and put one word in each TV screen. Aren't these TVs fun and fabulous? What would YOU do with the TV image? I'd love to know/see if you create something! While I am talking about TV here, I may just go watch some TV !!  Sunday is my perfect TV day. It was Desperate Housewives, now it's Masterpiece Theater and Mad Man! Drama, Drama :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also I'd like to share a little piece of happy news. I was awarded the Audrey Award from Cinema Saturday (see here) thanks to the Napoleon Dynamite Challenge (see my entry). I will be guest designing for the next Challenge ( You have to check out the featured movie next Saturday here!). Hope you can join the fun! 

17 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

wow! LOVE those tv cards, Virginia! Stephaine is sooooo creative!!! LOVE both ideas and how you made them into such awesome manly cards!! sigh... manly cards are so hard indeed! thanks for the inspiration, girls!! =) i am also catching up on mad man, too! still on the 2nd season, so don't tell me what happen! =) have a wonderful tv day!

Heather Maria said...

Congrats on the Audrey Award, Virginia! I find masculine cards the hardest to make too! Love your manly tv cards!

BabyBokChoy said...

WOWOWOWOWOWWWW love love love LOOOOOVE these, can't wait to have Susan see it!! so amazing!

Karen B. said...

Oh, love the idea of the stacked tvs! What a great set of cards!

Dawn said...

super duper cards Virginia. i see Stephanie has her mothers talents.
congrats on the award.... well done

Monika Reeck said...

Virginia what a cute TV set card...love your colors...great DP on the card number 2...how are you dear..ich hoffe wir sehen uns wieder in meinem Blog...liebe gruesse, Monika

Tiffany said...

Very fun and colorful cards Virginia! I like how you stacked the tv's like that!! I am awaiting Hulu to air the last set of episodes for Desperate Housewives...season 6. Whohooo! I'm always about 6-8 months behind on shows....so...shhh...don't reveal anything to me..lol.

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Congrats on the Audrey Award from Cinema Saturday!! Woohoo! I love your TV cards. Too fun!

Barb said...

Congrats on the award, V! How cool! Love these great cards! They are so unique and fun! Love the second one with the stacked up TV's!

Simone said...

Congrats on your award Virginia!!! That is awesome and so well deserved because your cards are amazing! Love these two cards - Stephanie's idea is great! Love the stacked TVs :)

Vicky said...

Cards for men are so difficult, it's true. But I am sure that's not a problem for you! Those are both great and that TV is the perfect touch. Stephanie has lots of great ideas ... maybe she should start a blog like mom! Hugs!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these...perfect cards for a man!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I am so sorry I have not been around!! This past month has been super crazy! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE these cards--esp. that tv card! SO FUN! You are so creative--LOVE visiting here:) I'm def. inspired!! THANKS!

gberry14 said...

LOL! Love these cards-so fun and creative. The TV card is so male perfect!!!The males in my house are definitely these type of cards!!!-Leesa B

Barbara said...

I love your cards Virginia and congratulations!!!
:-)

Hannah said...

How fun are these cards? love how you divided up the words into different screens. and congrats on your win!! loved the napoleon dynamite cards when i first saw them :D way to go virginia!

Suzanne C said...

Congrats! No surprise here! Love the tv cards very clever and fun! Okay mine is Drop Dead Diva! Love that show and it makes me laugh.