Monday, September 6, 2010

Autumn Leaves

One of the beautiful wonder of fall is the changing colors of the leaves. Leaves from our trees in the backyard are still green, but I look forward to seeing the changing colors. Today I am sharing two set of stamps. I combine my two new favorite Hero Arts stamps: CG 174 Scroll Vine (see here) and CL395 Leaf Prints (see here).  I created this card to look like window with all the goodness of fall season.
THANK YOU
Here's a closer look
Added note: this card is also featured in CARDS Blog (100% Stamped Challenge).
And here's the 2nd card. I turned one of the leaf images into a flower with some added dimension.  JUST SAYING HELLO
I must confess that I am a card-maker and I am a stamper! Making these two cards really put me in the "zone". Love what the inks and stamps can do!! I'm sure you can all relate to that :)
The start of school here really put us in the mood for Fall. I hope to share some colorful fall photos with you in a few weeks. Have a great week ahead!
Note:  Tomorrow marks Tiffany Doodles 4th challenge! It will be a color challenge, so do drop by here. Tiffany Doodles is the sponsor over at Caardvarks(see here) , I  hope you can  play along for a chance to win some FAB digis.

17 comments:

Sarah said...

These are GORGEOUS, Virginia!

Lin said...

I LOVE both of your cards, Virginia, and you've described the season perfectly!

Karen B. said...

Love both of these cards Virginia. They really do show off your stamping skills.

Barb said...

Oh my word!! Virginia, these cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the first one and the way you've stamped the different leaves in those beautiful fall colors! The window design is fabulous too! How clever to turn the one leaf into a flower on your second card! So creative!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Virginia you have out done yourself. I so love the first card showing the different leaves and how you popped each block with a darker colour of brown is amazing. I so love the second card especially how you stamped flourishes of sorts on the end of the sentiment and added that pearl. Just so classy. Thanks so much for inspiring me today! Hugs.

Cheryl Nelson said...

wowzers!! so gorgeous!!

Jill said...

Love, Love, LOVE that fall card! It's like looking out the window at the most beautiful autumn scene!

Suzanne C said...

FABULOUS and FABULOUS! Love the layering of the stamps and the gorgeous fall colors!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! gorgeous stamping, Virginia!!! LOVE the pretty fall colors in the first card and i adore the simplicity of the second! fabulous cards, girl!!

Tiffany said...

Gosh Virginia! These cards are absolutely amazing, the colors, the vibrant textures, truly glows, I love them!

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty! I just love how you did that second flower/leaf!

Simone said...

WOW!!! These are so gorgeous! Love the first card - the colours are amazing! I wish it was fall here again :)

donna mikasa said...

You never cease to amaze me, Virginia! Love the all the details and fall colors on the first card and the texture on the second! Your cards always make me smile....=)

BabyBokChoy said...

AMAZING, utterly, AMAZING stamping jobs, wowowowowow!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, this one is just stunning. Congrats on your Cards blog shout out, again!

Trinh said...

Woot woot, Virginia! I loved seeing your card on the first page of the CARDS blog! That card is perfection & I love everything about it.

Nicky Hsu said...

Congrats on your winner of Hero arts September round1. This card is too pretty. I love how you pair with the background stamp. I feel autumn.