Thursday, September 30, 2010

Caardvarks Challenge ( Clean and Simple)

(My second post of the day. If you come for Treehouse, please click here)
Caardvarks Challenge is always fun to be part of, it's even more FUN when it's sponsored by Hero Arts (see here). The challenge is to create a clean and simple card. For Clean and Simple cards, it's all about the design ! Here's my take ....
WISHING YOU love and laughter
I used the solid image of the elephant stamp and applied the kissing technique with the Friends Definition. I think this card is perfect for anniversary or wedding.
Here's the guideline for Clean and Simple card (copied from Splitcoaststamper). CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple. There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it. OR
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique OR
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques OR
4. any combination of the above
So simple enough, right?
Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Barbara said...

This is darling Virginia! I love the text on the elephant!

BabyBokChoy said...

This card is so so so sooooooooooooo amazing!!!! I love it so sosooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!! The elephants are to DIE for!!!!!!!!!

Alice Wertz said...

simply cute!! those elephants are adorable and love that you used the kissing technique on one. so fun! super card, V!

Linda said...

so cute!! I love those elephants!!

I just got my apple pie recipe card in the mail today! Thanks so much! I'll have to make it for my dad, who loves apple pie!

Gorgeous card as always Virginia!!
xx

Kathy Martin said...

I LOVE this card! I've been a little caught up with elephants recently and these are so very cute! Love the text one! :)

Vera Rhuhay said...

Hehehe this is So adorable,Virginia!

Jane said...

LOVE this! soooo SWEET!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

This is soooo adorable! I love the little tufts of grass and the way you did the elephants! Super cute Virginia!

Vicky said...

such a cute card! I've been away for a week from the blog-sphere and I am amazed by your creativity and that post about the apples pies!!!! WOW!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi virginia, love this card--it is adorable and the elephants are super cute. The sentiment is perfect.

Tiffany said...

Darling elephants card, love your CAS style so much Virginia!

ivy said...

one of my favorite sets! love what you did here!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable. Love the elephants. and the elephant with kissing technique is wonderful.

Karen from MI said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! I don't know HOW you do it, Virginia! Love this card SO MUCH! You really are having FUN! Love, Karen xo

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

laurieloou said...

I love this card Virginia, cute elephants and great how you've used the text on one of them :) x