Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Digital Doodles' NEW Release

I'm so excited today to share the latest release from Kathy Martin's Digital Doodles at Two Peas (shop here) . This versatile digital kit "Thankful" includes images for making cards, scrapbook pages, place cards, gift toppers, tags....etc! Since this is my first DT assignment for Digital Doodles and I was so excited that I finished these cards in less than two days right after I got the images simply because they are SO fun to work with! Please check Kathy's blog (see here.) for all the fabulous DT work! Lots of inspiration there  AND there is also a Halloween set giveaway when you leave Kathy a comment (you can just say how MUCH you love my recipe cards... etc-LOL)!!
Here are my little projects. I adore these three apples! Since I am an avid apple pie maker, I made two recipe cards with the image. I love pocket cards and this seems to be the easiest way to include a recipe. 
I took many photos for this card and show them off here with the collage.
Then after that one, I came up with a vertical pocket card.
I used brads and staples to hold the recipes.
 Thank you so much for stopping by! I will send out my apple recipe cards to two people who comment on this post . Not only your are getting my card, you will get a recipe for the apple pie!!

21 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

So darn adorable!!!!! Congratulations Virginia on this AWESOME DT position!

Tomo H. said...

Congrats, Virginia!!! Your creations are soooo CUTE! Love them! :)

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Virginia, you totally rock with your 1st assignment. This is so fabulous!

Lindsay said...

Great projects Virginia! They are great!

gberry14 said...

What a creative idea to present a recipe to a friend or with a food gift. This is wonderful!-Leesa

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome recipe cards Virginia! I love them both! You did an amazing job!

Barbara said...

Your projects are wonderful Virginia! I can only imagine what your house must smell like when you bake! Mmmmmm! Your family is so lucky to have such a wonderful baker!
:-) Barbara

Karen B. said...

Super cute projects Virginia, you rock with digital stamps!

Linda said...

gosh Virginia, these are just sooooooooooo adorable. youre sooo good with digital--sigh

great colouring on the apples too!!

Kathy said...

Wow wowo sista I am so loving these projects. You totally rocked Kathy's digi images. Your shading is wonderful too. Hugs to ya
xxo

Nat said...

sounds yummy!! love haw you added the recipe to your card!! awesome design!! :)

Simone said...

Virginia you sooo rocked these digistamps!! So LOVE these projects and that recipe (sounds so yum)!! :)

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous project, Virginia!!! so fun!! i would like to see your apple pie recipe!! =) or just send a already made to me to the following address..... =)

Deirdre said...

Love your creations... wow... neat idea. Beautiful.

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, your recipe cards are too cute. You are so creative and I love the clean and simple look of these cards. Great job and congratulations on your DT assignment.

donna mikasa said...

Such a great idea to create recipe cards! Love this! I can smell some cinnamon....

Tiffany said...

Oh Virginia, what an incredibly neat project, so wonderful and such richness in the colors you've used!

Vicky said...

Such a cute project! I love the colors you used and I am sure I would love your apple pies as well !
So, when are you starting the "food" blog of yours ;)

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

These are GREAT! Love the apples, the colors and the ribbon! Off to check out Kathy's blog now!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic project. Love the design and someone gets the yummy recipe, Awesome!

Heather Maria said...

Oh wow Virginia, I love, love, love these cards! You're always brilliant at incorporating recipes into cards! Wonderful designs, details and colours!