Wednesday, September 8, 2010

EBTKS Challenge #22 -Hair Accessories

When I saw the EBTKS Challenge (see here) this time, I know I 'd like to join the fun, but I didn't think I had the time! But it looks like I can make the deadline! This challenge is to use hair accessories.
THANKS
My DD Stephanie have a ton of them, you know, that was my "obsession" when she was little. I LOVED buying hair accessories for my little girl. All that collection provide a perfect chance for me to recycle them now. I actually didn't look for the pins, Stephanie just took them out from her stash and gave me two bobby pins! So it was like... "here Mom, work with them!".  I added the fabulous SRM Stickers for the sentiment and also traced the edges of Label 8 for the faux stitching. My original design did not include the dragonfly and tails. But after photographing the card, I realize that I can add some interest by introducing the dragonfly.
I didn't alter the hair pins' look and instead, I created a look that will work with the pins. It kind of worked, huh? Thanks so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

That's GREAT!!! I'm thinking I wont make this round of EBTKS, but great to see your fun card.

Tiffany said...

How fun is this, really love this challenge, it looks hard though but you pulled it off brilliantly with those cute hair clips!

AnitaRex said...

Virginia I am like you! I also love to buy hair pins! I am not taking part in this challenge because no time either and I don't want to use any of her pretty hair things! So funny! Love your card! The pins work PERFECT! And I am glad you included the dragonfly!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Virginia! This is just too clever! Saw this over at the Flickr group but I had to come here for a closer look.....you are amazingly creative!

ivy said...

brilliant! from the bobby pin as the sem to the flower petal parts as the leaves!

Simone said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous Virginia! What an awesome way to incorporate the hair pins!! Love this! :)

Alice Wertz said...

you are so creative, Virginia!!!! LOVE your hairpin flowers!! fabulous card, girl!! =)

Vera Rhuhay said...

OhMy...You are so creative,Virginia!
me too! Love the hairpin flowers! So Beautiful!

Lin said...

Great idea, Virginia! Haven't seen those particular flowers in a long time, and I love the colors you used!

Sarah said...

SO creative, Virginia! LOVE how you used the hair pins!

Cheryl Nelson said...

You are so clever! These are darling!

Deirdre said...

Virginia, love what you created - so fun.

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

I love what you've done with the hair pins Virginia! Super, super cute! Love the added dragonfly too!

Kathy Martin said...

How creative you are Virginia! Love this! :)

Ann said...

Super fun and creative--I love it! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

BabyBokChoy said...

I quite love these pastel colors!! Gorgeous card!

walchowDesign said...

Very creative that you used different materials to make this card! Love the colours as well! BTW, thanks for letting me know that I was in HA Twitter!

Winter said...

Oh how fun! I love those pins! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)