Saturday, September 4, 2010

Guest design for Cinema Saturday Challenge!

Please join me for the Hero Arts Flickr member 1st blog hop-
One stamp, three cards!

I am very honored to guest design for Cinema Saturday's Challenge.  I was presented with the Audrey Award along with a guest design spot thanks to the Napoleon Dynamite Challenge (see my entry). So here I am sharing the movie that is being featured this week- the Oscar-winning movie The Legend of Sleepy HollowSince we are heading out of summer and into fall, it is most appropriate to do a fall movie. If you haven't seen it - its really a fun one (see here). The requirement of the challenge is Halloween Tree.
Here's how I came about with the inspiration. The western woods in Sleepy Hollow are very intriguing and oddly mysterious. The movie opens with a scene of Ichabod Crane venturing into them, unaware of the unexplained and eerie events that are about to take place. Therefore, I chose to focus on the tree scene and
 the haunting, enchanting atmosphere of the woods. 
   
I used the Hero Arts Scroll tree stamp and embossed the image in white. Then I distressed the card with two colors of inks and misted it with gold glimmer mist. I finished the card with a bow with raffia as I think it is fitting for a fall theme. I also added lace for a feminine touch. Women's clothing was so much finer in detail and with lace in the 1800s. I hope you enjoy making a Sleepy Hollow inspired project as much as I did. This card is perfect for a Fall/ thinking of you theme (if not for Halloween). The two strips of borders are from the Japanese tapes. They work wonders as you can tell.
I also came up with two other cards using the same Scroll Tree stamp. I am sharing them here just for the fun of it.
The last card is a cute and fun one.
Hope you can think up a card from the movie "Sleep Hollow"! Come join the FUN and please link up your project here. If you want to be part of the Hero Arts Blog Hop, please link it here.

43 comments:

Sankari W. said...

Simply gorgeous!!! I can't believe how you made SO many amazing cards and creations!!!! WOW girl! you are so inspiring!!! I love the feel of fall in your creation and that first card with its reich fall colors is simply gorgeous! Thank you so much for being our guest designer this week!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

Karen B. said...

Such a fine array of cards! Your technique is absolutely wonderful and I so very much enjoy your "halloween trees"

Brooke S said...

Virginia,
THANKS SO much you WONDER WOMAN! Seriously 3 cards... and you e-mail them to us before we could even blink.. What a JOY to have you.. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Your creations are just gorgeous...

HUGS
BROOKE

Tiffany said...

That tree is absolutely perfect for the inspiration challenge! I've always thought the image gave off the most spookiest look and I love the variation in how you've stamped it!

Marilyn said...

Love your "Sleepy Hollow" inspiration for cards...and of course, who doesn't enjoy looking at that cutie, Johnny Depp!! Did you know, Virginia, that Johnny was born in a small town on the Ohio River called Owensboro, Ky. and of course, I just happen to have grown up there. He didn't live there very long, but he was born there, as was my oldest daughter, cvaladez67 (Cheryl). Maybe that is a point of interest, and maybe not! Hee Hee
Last, but certainly not least...your Fall cards are beautiful!
Hugs, Marilyn

Anette H said...

OMG, ALL the cards are gorgeous!! I love that tree!

Sarah said...

Great cards, Virginia! I especially love the 2nd one. :)

Kathy said...

Love these cards sista!!!! You really demonstrate how versatile this one stamp is. so clever and so creative!! Congrats too...hugs,Kathy

Jane said...

Awesome cards!!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh nice, I see the tree in the poster!! At first I was like, how did V get the tree from Johnny Depp coz you know, I really couldn't see anything else besides his face, LOOOOOOOOOL.

Have u voted for me yet? My lead is almost gone! LOL. :( :( :(

AnitaRex said...

Oh wow Virginia what a stunning batch of cards! My favorite is the first one! The scroll tree just pops! And the ribbon is perfect! I love the colors of the second one, and with the last love the glittery stars!

~Patty~ said...

Love that tree stamp. So much you can do with it. So awesome to meet you cant wait to get know you on the Doodles Design team.

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! You are such a busy lady...look at these fabulous cards...love the fall colors and those adorable owls! :)

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty Virgina! I love those trees!

alexandra s.m. said...

So pretty and fun Virginia!
I don't know how you do it?
Cheers~

Heather Maria said...

These are all gorgeous cards Virginia! I loved reading all about your inspiration!

Jenny said...

Such gorgeous work!!! sooo pretty!! :) :) :) :) LOVE IT! Hope your enjoying your weekend!!

Vanessa said...

Wow, love your scroll tree cards!! So many gorgeous creations!

Michele said...

All of these are beautiful!!

Nancy said...

All three are so unique and beautiful, Virginia. So nice to see the versatility of the stamp! Lovely designs!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful cards - love the distressed features, and those three trees are gorgeous!

Agnieszka said...

Great cards Virginia! Love your different ways to use one stamp! So creative!

Clare said...

Gorgeous, wonderful cards, Virginia! I love how you used the stamp!

Libby Hickson said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia!

jintyoo7 said...

Trio of great designs, Virginia all from one stamp :o)

Karina Beck said...

Gorgeous cards!

Agata said...

Gorgeous! Love those colors!

pia overgaard said...

Amazing set of cards using that same stamp. Great inspiration Virginia!

Lin said...

Fun cards, little sis! You really showed off your stamp in so many ways!

Anne said...

Wonderful set of 3 cards Virginia- love the tree and the theme you used here!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Super fun share! I love the one stamp three ways!!!!!

scrappin.bari said...

Love your tree cards, Virginia! How fun to see that tree used so many different ways, all beautiful!

Stephanie said...

These cards are great!!
Love them!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Virginia, you're on a roll! All those cards are so beautiful!!

CinnamonSally said...

I am a bit late doing the Hop but we were at a party yesterday. Wow Virginia these cards are fabulous, such a lot of inspiration here. I love visiting!!!

Froggietalks said...

What wonderful cards!! I would never have thought to use the tree stamp that way. :)

Suzanne C said...

Three beautiful cards! Love the blending of the colors with the trees.

Simone said...

Virginia I always love stopping by and seeing your cards and you never disappoint! These are so gorgeous!! Love how you used that one stamp three ways :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Stunning cards, Virginia!
They are all so impressive!

Trinh said...

Fab cards, Virginia! So creative of you to come up with 3 beautiful cards using the same stamp!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot! Love how you used that stamp in so many ways! Awesome!!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Trying to catch up on your blog since I've been out of town. I LOVE the 2nd card!! They are all beautiful, but the 2nd is my fav!

Tomo H. said...

Amazing three cards! Love all of them, Virginia! :) Love Scroll Tree stamp, too!
(I didn't notice at all that the HA Flickr members 1st blog hop was held! I was out around the term. Can't catch up with you and them, 'cos I'm really slow... hehe)