Friday, September 24, 2010

Pocket Cards

I'm not sure if you know that I love pocket cards. When I found out that CARDS blog was calling for cards WITH pockets (see here) , I knew I had to make some. I quickly came up with this elephant pocket card. These three elephant was from previous projects and I save them for a "rainy" day like this!
Make a Wish
I created the pocket with pop-up double-sided tape, they work like magic! Not only that they provide the little space for the gift card/cash, it doesn't create too much bulk at all , so it's easy to mail the pocket card. This following one is my first Christmas card this year...I know it's time to get holiday card started...This one was featured in CARDS blog.
JOY (pocket card)
I love this little Dancing Mouse. Here I used the Label 8 and trim off the top part to create a pocket.
Hope you try out some pocket cards. They are really a lot of fun and easier than you think! I also had some happy news from yesterday about Hero Arts Fab 5 win! I am still on cloud nine! I want to mention that there will be a giveaway on Tuesday in my post BECAUSE "Yes, Virginia...." will turn ONE on Sept. 28!

19 comments:

Dawn said...

wow Virginia. Love your cute Christmas pocket card and a BIG congrats on your Fab 5 - awesome card..I can't believe that you have been blogging for almost a year now....

Jenny said...

Super sweet pocket card and WTG on your win!!! :) :) :) :) :)

CinnamonSally said...

Congratulations on your win Viginia, your beautiful card certainly deserved to win. I have also seen your lovely mouse pocket card on the CARDS blog. You are on a roll this week!!! Well done.
Sallyx

Anne said...

LOVE your fun pocket cards- that little dancing mouse is too cute! A big congrats on your HA win- you always make stunning creations and deserve this so much!

Lin said...

Congrats, Virginia, on being featured on Cards again! And BIG HUGS on your win yesterdy in the FabFive!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Yay, Virginia! Saw your card at CARDS blog! So awesome!

Simone said...

These are such gorgeous pocket cards Virginia!! Yay congrats on your Fab Five win!! Your card was absolutely stunning :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

Lovin' these cute pocket cards!! Congrats on your FAB 5 Win!!! WTG!!!!

Ayana Posadas said...

Yay! Congrats on being featured on Cards! Both of these cards are so very cute, Virginia! :)
Hope you have a great weekend!

Barbara said...

I love your pocket card and your skating mouse card is adorable! Congratulations on your Fab 5 again- well deserved!!!! :-)

Tiffany said...

These are perfectly sweet Virginia, I always love interactive cards that hold that special surprise! So fun for the recipient!

BabyBokChoy said...

Those elephants are so so so cute!!! I am in SERIOUS love with them!

Karen B. said...

Both these cards are absolutely adorable and innovative! Love them!

alexandra s.m. said...

Congrats Virginia!
love them both ;-)

Alice Wertz said...

awwww.. these are super cute, Virginia! LOVE both of your pocket card and the images you used are sooo adorable!! super cards!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I just love your pocket cards, Virginia! That mouse is absolutely ADORABLE!

Suzanne C said...

So sweet and congrats on your shout out on the pocket card.

gberry14 said...

Virginia! You hit the big time with this winner! I knew the moment I saw it that it would win both contest\challenges! Big congrats!!! -Leesa Berry

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Congrats on making it on the CARDS blog again Virginia! I'm just now catching up and reading the CARDS blog from last week and once again was thrilled to see your name with your super cute dancing mouse card featured! woohoo! :)