Thursday, September 2, 2010

Treehouse Thursday Challenge # 65

Welcome to the Treehouse Thursday Challenge. This week's theme is CIRCLE! I love making circle cards. Somehow that round shape just sends out the sweet feeling that comes along with the card itself. I'm using the latest release from Treehouse called Bountiful Blessings. You can shop for all the digital stamps here.
Since Fall is in the air, I chose to use the fall colors. I printed out different sizes of the flowers and then distressed the flowers with Tim Holtz Marmalade and Fire Brick.
I then cut them out and used the color pencils to highlight the colors and give them a darker shade. I like how the background turned out. The Woodgrain Circle (see here) and Leaf Prints (see here)  from Hero Arts provide that lovely backdrop.
Since I made extra flowers, I made them into another card! I happen to have this scrap piece of pattern paper lying around my craft table, I thought it actually is nice for these flower's background! This card took very little time to make. I love how the curled raffia in this....perfect for fall theme!
This will be my last month in guest designing for Treehouse. Time sure flies! Please go to the Treehouse to check out the DT fabulous work and get some inspiration (see here) . Hope you can join the fun!

16 comments:

Julie said...

These cards are both so pretty Virginia! I especially love how you created the background paper with the leaves and woodgrain. Gotta love it when you have extra elements and can make a second project!

donna mikasa said...

Love both of your cards, Virginia! I really like the pearls on the circle card, and the raffia on the second card is the perfect autumn-y touch!

ivy said...

love the fall colors!

Alice Wertz said...

really like the woodgrain background on your first and the simple design on your second!! love those beautiful fall colors, too! wonderful cards, Virginia!!

Simone said...

So stunning Virginia! Love both cards and absolutely adore the circle card!! Gorgeous colours and flowers :)

Neva said...

Virginia these are both fabulous. I love the fall colors you used with both of these beauties. FAbulous job. Thank you for all you do for THS DT.

Lindsay said...

Both of these cards are so fun Virginia! I love the fall theme and you captured it beautifully!

vera rhuhay said...

These are so Beautiful...Love them both Virginia! Love how you used the woodgrain circle!

Sarah said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia! I think these are a couple of my favourite Virginia cards ever! Love them!

Karen B. said...

Oh my, the woodgrain is fabulous! Been really liking the pops of color that you've been using on your cards, such great inspiration.

Barb said...

Love your flowers, V! Both cards are so pretty! The line of pearls on the circle card is lovely! Hope you are well! Love and hugs! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Virginia, love both of these cards, I also like circle cards and this one is perfect, great colours and a great design.

Dotty Jo said...

These are just gorgeous Virginia, I love fall colours so much! Jo x

Tiffany said...

Beautiful fall colors you've incorporated into your card, just perfect Virginia!

Maria Levine said...

Oh so lovely! I love both of your cards, the colors are fabulous!

alexandra s.m. said...

My Virginia, you excel with these warm tones! Gorgeous!!