Thursday, September 9, 2010

Treehouse Thursday Challenge #66

Well, HELLO! It's Treehouse's Thursday Challenge. As it is my turn to pick a theme for the challenge, I chose "recycle" as this is so dear to my heart. You know me about the recycling!! I just want to say a few things about recycling.
1. good for your wallet (use old scraps and save a trip to the craft store).
2. great for your creativity (that clothing tag can never look better as a book mark!)
3. last but not least, it's good for the environment! Less waste, more use! What's not to love!?

Onto the challenge, here's my result of rummaging through my big old stash of paper. I used this Archiver's gift Card holder and printed out the image from Treehouse.
And since I still have some paint strip in my "potential junk to treasure" stash, I put them to good use.
I always like to see what the "unusual" materials can do for these craft projects!
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Please go to Threehouse and join the challenge. You have until Sept.. 15 to complete your project/card.Please link them back here. Please be sure to mention that your card is for the Treehouse Stamps Thursday Challenge number 66 or on SCS as THT066 in your keywords.  Thanks for stopping by! For more inspiration, see the following:
Ashley      Neva
       Kelly          Maria         
Gloria    Heather
Kim       Stephanie &   Julie

23 comments:

Karen from MI said...

What a CLEVER idea, Virginia! Do you know how long it would have taken me to even come close to a cute idea like yours? You wouldn't want to know! You sure keep your mind active. You inspire me, I just have to ACT on that inspiration................keep up the GREAT WORK! Love, Karen xoox

Barb said...

Virginia, You are so creative! I just LOVE this card! The paint strips look fantastic along the sides! And I love the way you used the Archiver's gift card holder! So fun! Hugs to you!

Jenny said...

Love this card, great creation!! So pretty! :) :) :)

Alice Wertz said...

so fun and creative, Virginia!! love the paint strips! super card, girl!!

Neva said...

Very creative Virginia, great way to recycle.

Vera Rhuhay said...

Love your card,virginia! And the colors combo are so yummy!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card, Virginia! LOVE the colors and design! You rocked this!

Karen B. said...

A simply clever card with a wonderful color combination and design.

Lin said...

These colors are lovely together, and that's a really pretty flower. Great job to use what you have on hand!

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is sooooooo lovely!

gberry14 said...

Virginia-You always surprise me and amaze me with your creativity! This is just Brilliant I love it!!!This card is a treasure to anyone's day!-Leesa

Dotty Jo said...

You are so clever Virginia, this is great! Jo x

Kryssi said...

oh my, yes, virginia.. hey that's the name of your blog too... anyways.. yes, virginia! i've been so busy with LIFE.. she was home from school, then we went on vacation, now the little one is sick.. all while i've had to meet deadlines for design teams... which you'll probably see my work popping up here and there in the next couple of weeks - so it'snot like i haven't done anything! just seems that way, hehe.. miss you, thks for thinking of me.. and omg, i am so behind on my hostess duties as well!

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally clever and beautiful card, Virginia!! Love everything about it!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Great card! Love your recycling with the paint strips, gift card holder, etc. Very clever!

LG said...

Sooooo pretty!

Julie said...

I Love this Virginia! Recycling is near and dear to my heart too! This gift card holder is fabulous! I love the paint strips with buttons!

Ashley Bowen said...

Absolutely Adorable! LOVE THIS!!! :) Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Ash-

Julie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Virginia! I had trouble commenting on the Yahoo group too. I am super excited! Thanks for linking me on your post :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Love your card, the coloring is so delicate.

Simone said...

Such a fun and creative way to use things around the place Virginia! Love that you chose recycling as the theme and absolutel LOVE your card :)

Karin said...

That flower is beautiful!

Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

Beautiful job on this Virginia!! I love the colors and the clever use of the paint samples. I love the tag at the top too, terrific job again this week my dear, tfs!!!