Thursday, September 30, 2010

Treehouse Thursday Challenge #69

Welcome to Treehouse's Thursday's challenge. The theme is "Grid Technique". This is my last DT assignment with Treehouse. I had so much fun with all the Thursday's challenges and learn a few new things along the way. Big thanks to Ashley and Neva for having me on board since May.
Here's my card for the challenge. I created my own "grid" by using two different colors/strips of paper.
I enjoying putting all these beautiful fall images into this grid-like collage.
The kraft card stock seem to pull all the elements together nicely. I distressed and colored the images. Love that pumpkin! Please go to the Treehouse to check out the DT fabulous work and get some inspiration (see here) . Hope you can join the fun!
Guest  Margo Smith
 It's been a pleasure to be on the design team at Treehouse! Thank you!

14 comments:

Tiffany said...

This is very beautiful Virginia, the technique really gives the card a clean and precise feel, love these soft and warm color together!

Barb said...

You are so darn clever! What a fabulous idea! Your handmade grid design looks amazing, V! Love it, love it, love it! :)

Neva said...

Virginia this is so creative. It has been a pleasure having you on our design team. Don't be a stranger. Thank you for all you have done for Treehouse Stamps.

Julie said...

Love you grid technique card Virginia! Thank you for all your kind support since I joined the Treehouse team! It's been a pleasure working with you! I would love to meet up in person someday!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, Beautiful card--I love it. I love your design and the soft and warm colors are gorgeous. Great job.

Monique said...

Hi Virginia. Love your take on the grid technique.. All the warm fall colors and images... Great job :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such a lovely card!! LOVE the look of the grid!

AnitaRex said...

Such a great unique card using grid! I love the colors! You rocked the treehouse stamps! :>

kjlowrey said...

Great card and use of stamps. Great to be on the team with you, even if for a bit. You'll be missed!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Love the idea of the grid design! Your card is beautiful Virginia! I like the added flowers!

BabyBokChoy said...

Love the soft look and the grid design!! I love grids :)

Alice Wertz said...

such a fab grid design, Virginia! LOVE IT!

Kathy Martin said...

How adorable these fall images are! Love the way you created those paper strip dividers! Very clever! :)

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! I'm sorry that I never get on your blog like I used to......it is such a hectic time in my life! I must tell you that I LOVE this card, SO MUCH! It's the PERFECT DESIGN and your colors are also so BEAUTIFUL! If this was for a challenge, you'd be a BIG WINNER!! :) What lovely images and you've certainly showcased them nicer than I could ever have! I'd LOVE to purchase them after viewing your WONDERFUL card! Love, Karen xo