Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wee Memories #24

It seems CAS cards are all the rage now.....at least I feel that way. I love making CAS cards ! But is it really simple? I mean, I can make it clean (no smear, inky marks, no food stains!) ...but is it simple?  Here's the definition from Splitcoaststampers .
What is CAS? CAS is an acronym for Clean and Simple.
There are different ways people view CAS. It is very subjective. There is no list of rules that will fit everyone’s personal definition. The following are possible guidelines, only.
1. Clean: the design is uncluttered with lots of white or open space. Simple: having a clear focal point without a lot going on to detract from it. OR
2. simple in design regardless of the number of embellishments or how long it takes to color, stitch or to use a special technique
OR
3. can be copied and mass produced fairly quickly… usually without a lot of coloring, layers, embellishments, tools and/or techniques
OR
4. any combination of the above
So simple enough, right?

The Wee Memories Challenge (see here) is to make a CAS project or a project with Tags, or combine both! I had made this CAS tag and card from Kathy Martin's digit kit (see here)
I thought I would entered them for the challenge.  Here's the tag. I applied some glitter on the "whipped cream".
and then here's the card. I flipped the image of the pumpkin pies to make the card look more....interesting.
I'm also excited to receive these yummy May Arts ribbons from my last win (see here).
Thank you, ...Wee Memories, they are YUMMY!

6 comments:

AnitaRex said...

Oooo I really like these CAS cards, I think you should do it more often. And I get what your saying about Clean and Simple cards, sometimes I get a little annoyed with that as it's not always simple! Not at all! Sometimes it's way more work, especially in coming up with the design. And simple as in making lots, not always simple to mass produce! But I like how a card shines when it's CAS! :>

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Thanks for the info on CAS. I've been wondering about this. Your pie card and tag are so cute Virginia! And that ribbon sure does look yummy! Can't wait to see how you use it on your cards!

Julie said...

Beautiful CAS card and tag! I love the soft color palette!

I left something on my blog for you. Check it out under my 'Santa Sneak Peek' card!

Kathy Martin said...

There's always something yummy on your blog V! Love coming by! Such a great tag and card! I love the extra sparkle you add to the whipped cream! YUM! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Cute tag and cards! Lovin' that pumpkin pie image!

Laurel said...

OMG, I love, love, love these! thanks for playing at Wee Memories!