Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Block Stamping and Cards with Pattern Paper

As many of you know about Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking class at Two Peas (see week 2 here). I love the idea of  block stamping , namely stamp the distress inks onto acrylic blocks and spritz with a few sprays of water. So I started with a small acrylic block and Hero Arts Ribbons....
I used the acrylic block for the background stamping and built the focal point from that,  then I decided to make a set of cards with different variations.  Here are the results
It was fun to make a different color scheme for each one.
The blue one has Stickles, Glossy Accents .
The green card has the classy colors!
I also love the warmer tone in this one. Golden-colored Stickles comes in handy!
This red one is sure eye-catching! I added some Crackle Accents on the red bird and built a little snow scene with the silver Stickles.
 
I am also sharing two cards inspired by Kristina Werner's Finally Friday video (see here ). The challenge is to use pattern paper as inchies for a card/project. I have my Basic Grey paper pads sitting idle for the longest time. I used the versatile SRM stickers on both.
and a hello card with a little bit of twist!
I have been enjoying all these extra challenges. Hope you do, too! I need to attend to my yard...lots of leaves coming down now-signs of fall !

23 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Virginia! Great cards using the "block" technique! Love them all! And I love your inchie challenge cards! You are so clever....(I am bowing to you!)

Agata said...

Great to see your cards a bit closer! They're all so beautiful! I must try that block stamping, it's so cool (even if my block is huge...) And the inchies cards are sweet, too! Love it all!

Isha said...

All the cards are cute. Love the simplicity and the design and colors.

Dawn said...

WOW Virginia. You have been busy... love your Christmas set... and your inchies cards are wonderful

Pippa67 said...

Really like your set of cards. So clean, just beautifull.

Linda said...

these are gorgeous Virginia!! Hopefully the girls will go to sleep tonight so I can play in my craft room! You've inspired me!

xx

CinnamonSally said...

Love your christmas set Virginia, so pretty and also love your cute owl card.

Sarah said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia! They're all fabulous but I especially love the one with the red bird... great color combo!

Barb said...

What an adorable set of cards, Virginia! I love your smaller block backgrounds! So many pretty colors and fun inchie cards too! I needed this inspiration today. . . been struggling a bit lately. . .Thank you! :)

Lin said...

Love that set of cards, and your inchies are wonderful and colorful!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

I love your card set! My fav is the little bird with the gold stickles! And your other 2 cards are too cute! Love that owl on the last card! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE these ALL sososoooo much!!!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, Virginia, you're on a roll and you really rock this challenge! Love all your cards and you really inspired me to get going and try the technique from this class!

Jane said...

Wow!!! They are all so gorgeous!

Kathy Martin said...

My goodness V! Look at all these amazing cards! What a great trick you learned from Jennifer's class!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my word, Virginia!! Amazing cards... love them all, I like the "block" technique... got to try it!!

Trinh said...

These are beautiful, Virginia! My fave is the one with the red bird - so sweet!

Simone said...

Wow! You have been busy Virginia! All of your cards are soo beautiful! I love the christmas set you created using that block stamping technique - you have inspired me to give it a try :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, love your cards--they turned out beautifully. I must try the block technique.

Tiffany said...

Wonderful set of cards! I am glad to see you enjoying the thinking inking class! Must give it a try myself whenever I have some time, so fun!

ivy said...

i've tried this techique before one day and i couldn't stop! so fun!!
love your different variations!

Suzanne C said...

What fantastic set of holiday cards. They are wonderful. All of the cards are beautiful.

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful set of holiday cards and wow! LOVE your last two cards, girl! fabulous designs and mix of patterns!