Sunday, October 17, 2010

Caardvarks Challenge ( SRM Stickers)!

I was lucky enough this year to win a guest design spot with SRM Sticker this April. I am loving using these versatile (and yes, sensational!) stickers SO much. I could not pass up the chance to use them again for the Caadrvarks Challenge (see here)  I was inspired by two long cards from the DT crew.
Tanis's "Hello" card. I adore the patterns and colors in her card. The use of sentiment is simply brilliant!
 
Michelle's "Hello" card plays up the background and the petal embellishments add punch to the theme. Love that!
So are you ready to see my take? How about a little sunshine?
#1
I took out the sentiment for the SRM summer collection and used it for a happy greeting sentiment. The ribbons are the fun part of this card. The Hero Arts Hues ribbons provide the easy solution as they are all matching in shades of yellow and orange. I used Be Happy stamp set. In case you are wondering where the smiley face comes from.....well, it's the BEE's face :)

#2
I think this card will sure brighten someone special's day. I plan to mail it out!  Thank you for stopping by and hope you get some sunshine!

16 comments:

Patricia said...

So cute card I love it good luck with the challenge =P

donna mikasa said...

Sunshiney cute! Love how you used the bee's face for your sun! You are so clever and mega creative!

Alice Wertz said...

so pretty and delightful. love it, Virginia!

Isha said...

Such a pretty card Virginia. Love it so much. Actually feel like flying to you and feel it ;)

Lin said...

It sure brightened my morning! Love your happy sun and the whole idea is wonderful!

Barb said...

Love this clever card! The Hero Hues ribbon is so perfect for the sun's rays! It's a happy, sunny, fun card!

CinnamonSally said...

Love this bright sunny card Virginia, love the way you have added the ribbions to the sun.

Nat said...

wonderful cheery designs, I love your sunshine card sooo much!! Have a great Sunday!! :)

AnitaRex said...

hat a stunner Virginia! I love the sun's rays! So bright and fun! And I love your take similar but different!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! This is soooooo cute:) LOVE that sun's rays! You are super AMAZING:) LOVE IT!

Simone said...

Such a stunning card! So bright and fun! Love this Virginia and how you used ribbon for the sun's rays! So cute! :)

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

This is such a cheerful card! Love it Virginia! Love the ribbons and the smiley face. :) It sure would brighten someone's day!

Kathy said...

I agree those cards were so inspiring and I LOVE what you created. It's so happy and cheerful just makes me smile. Love your creative mind. Hugs,Kathy

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, this card is super cute--love all that sunshine and it is sure to brighten up someone's day. Great job.

alexandra s.m. said...

It is such a happy card! I love it!
TFS Virginia!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh my gosh I *love* that you are my sunshine card - how fun!!