Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Digital Doodles' NEW Release-FROSTY!

Hi there! I am excited to share a project and a card that I made for Kathy Martin's Digital Doodles new release "Frost Friend" (shop here)
 I just love the simple image of Frosty. When I first got the image, I had so many ideas floating in my head.I finally I came up with two....for now.
I was inspired by one of the ad from Martha Stewart's Living magazine from last year. Basically you find a square within the 6 punched-out circles and score the line and then assemble them by gluing the edges together. And that's it! I keep frosty simple by adding some coloring and glitter.
And of course, I had to make a card. Adding a fabric-like ribbon for the scrarf seems like the right thing to do. These colorful pattern paper provide the perfect backdrop.
 You'll have lots of fun wth Frosty!! Check out Kathy Martin's blog for more inspiration (see here). She has Frosty Friend giveaway! If you would like a chance to win, just leave a comment at Card-Blanc by Kathy Martin  by this Friday, October 29, 2010 and you will be entered into the drawing! Winner will be announced next week on Digital Doodles Tuesday in Kathy's blog!! Hope you win!

21 comments:

Simone said...

This is awesome Virginia!! Love those ornaments - you are so creative and inspirational! :)

Barb said...

Love those fun ornaments, Virginia! They turned out so cute! And your card is just perfect! Love the soft, pretty colors! :)

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Your frosty ornaments are so cute Virginia! Love the card too, great paper to go with Frosty!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What an awesome project, Virginia! These ornaments are so cute and the card is so lovely!

Ayana Posadas said...

That little snowman is SO cute!
I love your ornaments! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such cute and fabulous creations Virginia!! LOVE them so much!

Sarah said...

Adorable!

Karen B. said...

The scarf is the icing on the cake for your fantastic card, and the ornaments are so original!

Tiffany said...

Darling hanging ornaments and card Virginia! Your tree will be very spruced up this holiday season, too precious!

Agnieszka said...

This is so cute, Virginia!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such great projects with the little Frosty Friend, Virginia! Love those ornaments. They so remind me of one I made in elementary school years ago using recycled Christmas cards. :)

Nancy said...

Sweet little snowman image! I love your fun folksy ornaments, the buttons on the string make them extra special! Love that adorable card too...wonderful frosty blue color!
blessings!

Lin said...

Your ornaments turned out really cute, Virginia! Love the buttons on them and your adorabe card!

Nicky Hsu said...

Hi Virginia, the ornaments are so cute. I love the idea. Pair up with a card. This is a great gift idea.

Agus :) said...

Love the idea of frosty ornaments, Virginia!! and of course the card is also lovely (:

Dawn said...

Love the scarf on Frosty in your card Virginia. so cute.

donna mikasa said...

Adorable ornaments--such a clever idea! And I love your Frosty card! Great fabric scarf!

Trinh said...

The ornaments are so cute & clever, Virginia! And I love the scarf on your adorable Frosty!

Alice Wertz said...

love the ornaments and your card is sooooooo cute! fabulous work!

Karen from MI said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of your Christmas decorations, Virginia. I especially LOVE your card! GREAT DESIGN and the colors are so pretty. You are SO CREATIVE and CLEVER! :) Love, Karen xoxxo

Suzanne C said...

Lovely ornaments and love the card it is so adorable!