Monday, October 4, 2010

Eat Pray Love...(and more FOOD!)

Just sharing a card that I made on World Card Making Day. I used my favorite color red and applied the theme from Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge (any movie that inspired you): Eat Pray Love to my card design. Here's a video clip and you'll see how I came up with the idea. I actually saw the movie with my girlfriend a few weeks ago and really enjoyed the story-telling.
hugs
Since this movie also explores a little bit about food, I guess it is also appropriate to add some food photos to this post, right? In my one-year old blog post, I asked you what you like about my blog and some of you mentioned my food!  Ever wonder what is my kind of fast dinner? THIS is my ideal meal. It's FAST, easy and nutritious! Salmon (pan-fried with simple seasoning), cooked tomatoes and tofu in the broth, stir fry green beans and Japanese rice! I used this Tonkatsu Sauce by Kikkoman on salmon and it's fabulous for fish and pork dishes!
Next is a simple dish that I prepared quickly. Stir fried noodles with chicken and vegetable! One meal dish at its best...I think :)
Now it's eating-out time. Here are some amazing food I had recently...I love these sushi rolls from my favorite Japanese restaurant "Sakura Island" in town. I know some of you do not care for raw fish. In this dish, is was raw salmon! I love it!! Isn' the presentation something?
 There are crispy fish inside, avocado and crab that David had.YUM!
Here's Dr. John's favorite-Tempura (deep-fried lover's delight)
And see how HAPPY David was? Having a plate of his own Sushi!
This was another night out to dinner. My DD and I had duck breast in the hot plate ( they came lukewarm, so Stephanie and I complained ). They were tasty, but with the price we paid, we thought we should inform the chef about the dish....
Then the waiter later came back and told us that we can get ANY desserts on the menu for FREE! So this is what we had ( a plate of 5 kinds of desserts- Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Cheese cake with Mixed berries, Creme Brulee --all for $15 US)...we were good, we shared rather than ordering one  plate each! Our stomach may take it, but not our waist line...too bad!
I hope you feel "satisfied" after this little food journey with me! Ciao!  

19 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your sweet card and what a great post once again!
TFS Virginia!

Barb said...

Love the card tonight, V! Those two stamps are fabulous together! I am one of those who does not like raw fish, but I certainly could have helped you with that yummy dessert plate!

Dawn said...

Love the card Virginia. and all that lovely yummy food is making me hungry... my dinner is cooking as I type... chicken wrapped in bacon - filled with cream cheese and sundried tomatoes with rice and whole green beans.... wish it would hurry up and be ready!!!!!!!!

Simone said...

Gorgeous card Virigina! Wow loved the food pics - now I'm hungry! Lol! :)

scrapperjulia said...

Love your card, Virginia! Love the background and the bicycle. Love the food pictures too!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! the background is gorgeous, V!! beautiful soft colors and design! fabulous card. and awww..... so evil... food again!!! =) really love seeing your food posts and photos, though. mmm.... always reminds me that i should eat more vegetable. will have to try that tonkatsu sauce.... =)

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

I adore this card Virginia! I mean I just love it!! Love the background and the cute flowers in the bicycle basket. Thanks for making me hungry again too. heeheee.. Love that photo of "happy" David. So cute! And that dessert - WOW! Also, thanks so much for the sweet comments about the wedding photos.

Lin said...

I called Denny in to see these yummies - he was impressed! Beautiful dishes! And love your card, too - beautiful mix of stamps I'd never have thought of using. Still have to see that movie, and I'm on the waitlist at the library for the book.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Lovely card, Virginia! And all those food makes me hungry. They look so yummmieee... :)

Tiffany said...

Love the whimsy of your bicycle card and all the hearts flourishing on it, so pretty!! I'm really liking the sushi dishes, yum! Makes me want some now!!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, your card is gorgeous--love the bicycle stamp. The food looks yummy, too and David looks very happy with his plate of sushi.

Barbara said...

Your card is so pretty Virginia ! I love seeing pictures of David smiling too - he reminds me of my son. :-) I love the food pictures too but they always make me hungry! LOL!

Kathy Martin said...

Food glorious food! Looks so good! I hope to learn to make a few dishes from you!

LOVE your card! So cute that bicycle!

Kathy said...

Hey BC!! Wow what a post here...love all the yummy food..yes my mouth is watering and I love the card too. you are so darn clever and creative. tell sweet david how handsome he looks
hugs kathy

Stamping Cafe said...

Love your gorgeous card, Virginia!! Oh my word... all those yummy food makes my mouth totally watering!! :) You are fabulous, my friend!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Your card could not be more gorgeous Virginia!
With all this food splendor...I'm completely starving!

Ayana Posadas said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE it! And oh my gosh... my mouth is now watering after viewing all those dishes! Yummm!

IRIS said...

Lovely card,beautiful!

Heather Maria said...

Adorable card, Virginia! Yum, yum to all the food - I think it's time for me to go have breakfast!