Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Inspired by Thinking Inking (Week 3)

I was so excited after I saw this video from Jennifer McGuire at Two Peas, I got right to stamp and emboss!! I have 4 cards to share in this post (please bear with me)! These are the latest stamps I received from my September Hero Arts Win. I finally narrowed down to 5 stamps and they are EXACTLY $50 US!
My Happy Mail
I had "some" ideas what to do with them, but to really know your stamps... is to PLAY with them!
Baby Reindeer card
I got questions as to how I made the embossed circle with distress inks. Here's a photo to show you the sponges that I received from Tainan Jane. Jane and I met for the first time back in June and she presented me these handy sponges that she made herself!! Love them!!
sponge on embossed paper
Next are my two village cards. This one is also inspired by Jennifer's video.
JOY
I embossed the outer part of the village stamp and then distressed it. Here's a photo of the process. I also colored the white May Arts ribbons with the green marker.
Here's another shot of the card under the sun (you can see the glitter a bit better here)
This village card will warm someone's heart....
in my heart
Last but not least, my 2nd deer card. Isn't this deer image CUTE?
believe
 I definitely will make more deer cards and use more of my abandoned Prisma color pencils! Thanks so much for stopping by!

21 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! So fun to see you playing with your new stamps, V! You have been quite productive and I love every one of them! I have to say that the last one is my favorite! Just so cute and I love the soft colors!

Patricia said...

so cute cards I love all of them but the last one with the little deer is amazing =P

Dawn said...

Awesome choice of stamps and what wonderful cards you made. Love the embossed houses and the ornament... a clever combo Virginia.

Simone said...

Oh wow! These cards are all amazing!! LOVE everyone of them :) The embossed houses are soo cute! I think i'm going to have to find time to go and check out the Thinking Inking vids :)

Vanessa said...

What a yummy collection of stamps! Love how you used them! Beautiful cards!

lynzw21 said...

Love all of your cards Virginia! Looks like you had a lot of fun playing with your new stamps!! I love the how you did the village background in the white emboss and distressed, think that's one of my favorite uses of the village stamp yet!!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! gorgeous cards, Virginia! LOVE all the beautiful colors you used. congrats on your new goodies, too! =)

Karen B. said...

You've really embraced these stamps! Love each and every card, and the focus on distress inks are amazing.

Lin said...

GREAT cards Virginia! The combination of new stamps and JM's video has you going strong!

Cheryl Nelson said...

These are all so fabulous!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

All of your cards today are adorable! I love the way you used the inking techniques to create these colorful cards! Super job!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

What a great set of cards - from your winner's choice.

Ayana Posadas said...

WOW, Virginia! I just have to tell you, you did such an amazing job with all of these cards. They are all so fabulous! Excellent techniques!

Linda said...

these are GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to get my village stamp :) You've inspired me Virginia!! lovely and genius ==as ALWYAS! xx

Kathy Martin said...

Wow V! These are all so fantastic! Great colors and design! You can tell you had a good time! :)

Sandy Ang said...

What fantastic stamping - so many effects achieved with just those stamps !

Nancy said...

Lovely cards, Virginia! I'm always so inspired by your creativity!
blessings!

Anne said...

Hi Virgia- your cards are all just fabulous- love the bright and cheery colors you used and great job on all the inking! You picked some great stamps too- enjoy!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my goodness, I've wanted that Village stamp for a while now and you've got me drooling again! I love that multi-coloured card with the beautiful ornament at the centre.

Ruby said...

I have the little town stamp and loved it but had no idea what to do with it! Now I know what to do! Thanks for sharing your ideas, they are great!! :o)

Petra Tillmann said...

Beautiful christmascards, Virginia! I'm also surprised by the cards you made with the townstamp. I also wondered what you can do with this stamp and the way you used it is great!