Sunday, October 3, 2010

Moxie Fab World (Offset Scallop) Challenge

I'm a big fan of all things scalloped. I crave for all kinds of scallop punches and stamps in any scalloped forms and sizes. When I saw the Moxie Fab World Challenge (see here), I knew I want to try. The challenge is to create a project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates offset scallops in an innovative way. The problems is, I have so many scalloped stamps, punches...so where to start? These are the stamps I used (mine is the vertical cloud)
 I stare at my stash of stamps and punches. This is what came up...
hey you!
I used one cloud at a time to create a background and then used the Background Scallop Circles to make the banners. Then I added my punched out borders, ric rac (stamped in matching color) and buttons....voila! I'm not sure if this is innovative, but I sure tweak the look of the stamps. Love that about stamping!!

21 comments:

AnitaRex said...

What a fun card! Love your creative approach to the scallops! :>

Piali said...

Fabulous!!! Great take on this challenge!
Hugs~

Dawn said...

Fun card Virginia... that's thinking outside the square...opps that should be scallop!!!! well done

colleenk said...

Great card! It's very cheery and a really cool way to use those clouds!

Louise said...

Great card Virginia! Very original design!

Louise C.

Heather Maria said...

Virginia, super cute card and your use of the scallops is certainly innovative! The sky bg is beautiful and I love the scallop banners!

Alice Wertz said...

WOW! this is fabulous, Virginia! LOVE how you stamped the background and those scallop banners are just too fun and clever! beautiful happy colors, too! amazing card, girl! love it! =) have a happy Sunday, my friend!

Sarah said...

Such a fun and pretty card! Great details!

Karen B. said...

Ahh! Love your inspiring and out of the box creation! It has everything trendy right now, banners clouds, scallops!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card Virginia, so simple and yet totally wonderful! Jo x

Anne said...

Wow Virginia this is a really fun and interesting card- love your use of the scallops and the fun blocks of colors with the clouds!

Barb said...

Wahat a unique design! I love the clever way you used these stamps, V! So creative! It's just such a happy card! Love it!

Lea L. said...

Such a cute and fun design!! I love how you used the scalloped circle stamp!! Great job with the Moxie Fab challenge! ♥♥♥

Isha said...

Oh Virginia, every part of this card is full of creativity...love love love it. Thanks for leaving your sweet comments on my blog.

Tiffany said...

So cheerful and colorful, I love this so much Virginia, you're so creative!

Agata said...

It's really fun! Great idea with this round scallop stamp!

Kathy Martin said...

Wowzers! This is a creative and fabulously adorable card V! I love it! :)

Simone said...

Love this Virginia! So fun and sweet! :)

Paula Laird said...

This is fabulous!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

I think it is safe to say that this is my all time favorite card from you now!! UNREAL!!! It is sososossssssssooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!