Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

My objectives of this project:
1. To promote Breast Cancer Awareness. Please do your self-exam regularly and when in doubt, please book an appointment with the health professional/doctor. We'd rather be safe than sorry, right?
2. Part of my DT assignment for Digital Doodles every Tuesday. Arielle was the one that suggested to use PINK in all of our projects! What a FAB idea!
3. I am also entering this project for the Moxie Fab challenge-Perfectly Placed Pleats (see here) as my 2nd entry. So here are the matching gift bag and card that I made. I used this fun digit kit from Kathy Martin's DD kit at Two Peas (see Home Sweet Home)
A closer look at the card. I used Coordination paper for the pleats at the bottom.
The ribbons that I used for the bag are from May Arts. I also added Hero Arts stamp Flourish.
As for my pleated flower. I used a doily underneath the flower and added some pink color with distress ink.
Here's a photo of my Thing-a-ma-boob (see here) that we received from Dr. John's office a few years ago.
Made of different sized beads, the Thingamaboob shows women the various sized lumps that can be detected through regular mammograms to a physical exam by a health care professional to checking your breasts. The Thingamaboob bead sizes have been reviewed by for accuracy by medical experts at Cancer Care Ontario. Hope you find this post fun and yes, informative!! Be sure to stop by at Kathy Martin's Card-Blanc for the Digital Doodles image (of YOUR choice) giveaway here.

17 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Hi Virginia! Love your informative post! And I love all the pinkness of your projects. This Friday happens to be my appointment, too...thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

Great post Virginia. Being aware is so beneficial. One of my co-workers is a breast cancer survivor. She is quite young still - under 40 and picked up the lump. Sadly earlier this year I lost a very dear friend to this insidious cancer... so I can only endorse your post. TFS

Isha said...

Great post Virginia. Thanks for all the info. Lovely project too.

Sanne said...

Thanks for all that great info - love your pink projects Virginia!

gberry14 said...

Wonderful information and these pink projects are so creative and detail! Just Fabulous! Awareness saves lives, I can speak about this personally from a lump scare and biopsy 3 years back. Thank you for the support of this cause!-Leesa B

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful project for this important reminder, V. thank you so much for all the helpful information. i love your pleated flower. and your card is so sweet. fabulous project for a wonderful cause! i love it! =)

Karen B. said...

what a fantastic post, Virginia! love the pleated/sanded look of the black and your bag is too cute!

Lin said...

GREAT post, little sis - thank you for doing it. I love your project, and that zebra ribbon on your bag is so cute - LOVE the pink and white houses on both!

Barb said...

Yes, definitely informative! Love all the pink too! The bag and matching card are so cute, Virginia! Love them both! Nicely done! Hugs to you! :)

Kathy Martin said...

Great project Virginia! I am smitten over your adorable little pink houses! What a great idea that little 'Thingamabob' is! :)

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Great set, Virginia! Adore your pink houses and thanks for the info! Hugs.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such a fantabulous set Virginia!! LOVE the info you provided!

Kryssi said...

your projects are so beautiful and MEANINGFUL!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Great post! I adore that gift bag and card! So pretty with the pink and the ribbon!

Simone said...

Virginia this is an awesome post! Your card and gift bag are beautiful. The thingamabob is an awesome idea! From someone who has had family members affected by this - I thank you so much for putting this information out there and getting people to check. You are an inspiration Virginia :) Hugs :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Such a great post, Virginia! Your set is so beautiful. I just LOVE the way the pink looks on kraft. Absolutely Brilliant!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks again for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)