Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pretty PLEATS Please (and say it 3 times!!! )

I'm getting to be VERY addicted to make cards with PLEATS, especially after getting the Martha Stewart Scoring Board! This little tool really makes the pleating much easier and more precise! I am entering this card for the.Moxie Fab Challenge ( Perfectly Placed Pleats) again (I know, it's my 3rd!!!). Good thing the challenge is coming to an end, or I will keep submitting (LOL)!
sending you hugs and kisses

Here's a photo of how I pleated the flower. I used the inverted circle diecut and then score the lines acoss the circle. After that, I used a small hole punch to cut out a small circle and start pleating/folding.
I see many flaws and imperfections as I made this card (shucks!), but I think that is also part of the "beauty" of the handmade cards, right? I am trying to look at things in a more positive perspective!!
Anything that you made with your own hands are something to be treasured. I am going to send this to a friend that I haven't been in touch lately. I know she is going to love it!

20 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is fantastic and so very innovative!

Barb said...

Virginia, this is so pretty! Your pleated flowers are just wonderful! Love the grass too and the sentiment for the stems! So clever! :)

Dawn said...

Very clever Virginia. Your pleated flowers are awesome. I've made them with strips of paper but not circles - great idea

Godelieve said...

These flowers look great! Thanks for showing how you made them.
Wonderful card!

Isha said...

This is so creative Virginia. I am amazed as to how you come up with great ideas...they are so inspiring. Thanks for the tutorial too.

Alice Wertz said...

you are so creative, Virginia! LOVE the pleated flowers and the sentiment stem. just fabulous, girl! love this!

Simone said...

Wow! This is soo pretty! Love your creativity - this is sure to be a winner! You are definitely a pro when it cones to pleats!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Neat, love how you pleated those flowers.

Cheryl Nelson said...

so fun and fabulous! love those pleated flowers and the sentiment stems!!!

Kathy Martin said...

What a great card V! I LOVE those flowers! I have a card here on my desk that needs just one more little something and I think one of your flowers would be perfect! THANK YOU! :)

AnitaRex said...

Wow Virginia are you ever rocking this pleating challenge! I love these flowers! And the ribbon bow at the base is a great touch! Love the clean look also!

Tiffany said...

I really adore the way you made these flowers and it looks great against the powder blue background, such a happy feeling to it, especially in this cooler weather!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is sooooo cute! CLEVER--love those flowers:)

Suzanne C said...

FABULOUS take on the pleats. Love your pleated flowers!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, love your pleated flowers--this card is so cute. This is a very creative idea. Great job.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Oh, how clever! I love your pleated flower, Virginia!

Sandy Ang said...

Love the clever design of your card !

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks once again for entering the Perfectly Placed Pleats challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you found it to be so inspiring! :)

donna mikasa said...

Your pleated flowers are genius, Virginia! Love the sentiment stems!
Great tutorial, too! Thank you!

ivy said...

i'm going to need to get one of those martha score board! do you find it very useful & worth it?

pretty pleated flowers!