Sunday, October 24, 2010

this post may cause drooling....

A super yummy post for you today! I made this quick Cranberry Banana Loaf a few days ago and I think it's perfect with the fall theme. Got some cranberry and banana on hand? Here's the recipe for you!
This photo was taken while the bread just came out from the oven.
So you like what you see?
Butter or margarine, melted              1/4 cup
Sugar                                                1 cup (I used 3/4 cup)
Eggs                                                 2 
Mashed banana                                 3/4 cup
Chopped cranberries                         1 cup (fresh or frozen )
All purpose flour                                1 1/2 cups
Baking powder                                  1 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda                                      1/2 teaspoon
Salt                                                    1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon                                           1/2 teaspoon

Put butter, sugar and 1 egg in mixing bowl. Beat Until smooth. Beat in second egg. Stir in Banana and cranberries.

Using another bowl put flour baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir together well. Add all at once to banana mixture, Stir only to moisten. Scrape into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake in 350 F over for 50 min. until it tests done. Let stand 10 min. Remove from pan to cake rack to cool. Enjoy!

       If the above did not cause you to drool yet, here are more food photos (taken by my DD Stephanie) in St. Lawrence Market in Toronto on Oct. 23.
I sure wish I were at the market....
I hope you have a SUPER yummy day!!

24 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Yummmmmmmmmm!

Fika said...

it makes me drooling over V... bet your cranberries banana tastes super yuummmy!! :)

Barb said...

Oh boy. . .now I have to run upstairs and get something sweet to eat! So yummy looking, Virginia! Thanks for sharing! :)

Dawn said...

Yes I am drooling.... mainly 'cause although I love cranberries - because of the medication I'm on, I can't have them.... you always want what you can't have.... Looks so yummy though.... maybe I could added another berry fruit!!!

Heather Maria said...

Yes Virginia, I drooling here too! Your cranberry banana loaf looks absolutely delicious - thanks for the recipe! Wonderful photos from Stephanie too - they could be in a magazine! I'm off to have my breakfast now!

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, girl, super yummy and I've already gained a few pounds from viewing this! ;) Love ya!

Simone said...

OMG! This is such a yummy post! Stephanie's photos are absolutely amazing!q

Lin said...

This sounds good about now with my morning coffee!! I love cranberries! Beautiful pics from Stephanie, too. Enjoy your Sunday, my friend....

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my! I think a slice of your bread would be excellent with breakfast! Looks yummy as well as all those photos! Oh so much yummy food and so little time!!! It's a struggle to stay slender with so many good eats available! ;)

BabyBokChoy said...

I'm officially on a diet after my cruise so even these delicious photos will not tempt me any more, lol!!! xxoo

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHH! I am hungry! And I just ate lunch! LOL! Love it:)

Anne said...

That sounds good- I've never had cranberry with banana before? (sounds kind of an odd pairing) - will give it a try as I just brought home a bag of fresh cranberries!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

I'm definitely drooling! Everything looks delish!!

gberry14 said...

You ladies could do a cook book or a food magazine! Yummy! Yes it has me drooooling. Will have to try this recipe. Crnaberries are my favorite!-Thanks for the recipe!-L. Berry

Karen from MI said...

LOVED your post today, Virginia! I WILL be baking this bread as soon as my kitchen is in order! It looks DELICIOUS, I can smell it all the way in Michigan. LOVE Stephanie's photos, too. WISH I WERE AT THE MARKET WITH YOU! Maybe one day we could do that, OK????? Love, Karen xo

Alice Wertz said...

the drooling you caused..... =) another yummy recipe to try! will let you know if we get to try this, too! =) love ya!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Virginia, you post something like this without mailing us the real thing? Sigh... that's torture. LOL, I was drooling looking at all those yummy goodness. I have weakness towards sweet, yummy stuff. :)

Ayana Posadas said...

YUMMMM!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe and those delicious photos!

Suzanne C said...

YUMMY!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

AAAACK, Virginia! This looks incredible! I will definitely use that wonderful cranberry/banana bread! YUMMMMY! Thanks for sharing with us!
Thanks for making me drool!

Nicky Hsu said...

Yum! This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing the yummy pictures of the market. Makes me so hungry.

donna mikasa said...

Gosh, Stephanie takes such gorgeous food shots! Looks like Gourmet magazine here! Thanks for the recipe--looks so yummy!

ivy said...

yuuuum! i think i will try this recipe! looks do-able for a non-cook like me! bryan loves cranberries (he used to pronounce them, 'crybabies'). although i've only seen dried cranberries, not fresh like yours!
thanks for making me hungry!!

Vicky said...

My talented friend Virginia, I've told you already many times but I'll tell you once more! You have to start a food blog!!! Your recipes and food photos are always so yummy ... nobody can resist ... wish we could at least smell them...