Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tiffany Doodles #5 Challenge on the 7th!

Welcome to the 7th day of  October. That means Tiffany Doodles challenge  is here! This month's theme is all about Fall. There are so many fabulous digies from Tiffany Doodles (including Thursday Freebies) from any styles. They are suitable for your crafting needs. Here's the set that I chose to work on.
Aren't these critters adorable? I love the owl especially...here's my take with the fall theme.
thank you from the bottom of my heart
I made a special grid line background thanks to this video from Splitcoasterstampers. I highly recommend it. It is so fun and easy to do. First I masked the owl with a thin piece of paper and then worked on the background.
Then I added the copic-colored owl and leaves. Glitter and Glossy Accent were added to give the card a more polished look. Hope you check out the DT's fabulous work and get inspired. Since it's a month-long challenge, you can enter as many as you wish!
and me Virginia Lu
And check these deals at Tiffany Doodles ! Have fun!

27 comments:

Simone said...

Aww that is the cutest owl ever! Love this card and how he's playing in the fall leaves - so gorgeous! :)

Dotty Jo said...

This is just adorable Virginia! Your colours just sing and that owl is totally cute, Jo x

Dawn said...

Super card Virginia. Love the colours round the edge of your shape. thanks for the video link...

Alice Wertz said...

wow! wonderful use of that technique!! LOVE your beautiful card, Virginia! just beautiful!

Deirdre said...

Virginia, just love what you did with the fall critter! So adorable. Great card.

Karen B. said...

Simply adorable! Great colors too.

Sarah said...

Fabulous card, Virginia! Love the fun owl and your use of glossy accents and sparkle! Wonderful!

Lin said...

Oh, so cute!!

Cammy said...

Very cute Virginia! Your colors are just perfect!

Cheryl Nelson said...

This could not be cuter! LOVE it in EVERY way!

Barbara said...

Your card is wonderful Virginia! I love your background!!!

Lindsay said...

Love this lil' owl Virginia! Great card!

donna mikasa said...

That is one happy owl! Love your grid background--thanks for the link to the tutorial! Must give that a try....

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Oh my, that background is awesome! Love the happy owl! Such a cheerful card! LOVE it!

Ayana Posadas said...

Ahh! This card is so super cute!!! I smiled instantly when I saw it. What an adorable image and you made some great color choice! Wonderful card, Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! He looks so alive! Wonderful what you did there Virginia!
You really know how to make the most of a stamp!

BabyBokChoy said...

OWL cute is he!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like he is flying off the page, totally adorable!!!!!!

Julie Masse said...

I love how you inked the edges - sooo very cool!! Great card! :)

Vicky said...

Virginia this card is so adorable, and your color combos is great! Now,I have to get this digikit! I love that cute owl!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh... this is so happy and adorable, Virginia!! LOVE it!! Have a beautiful weekend!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, this owl card is wonderful--I love it. You always amaze me with your creativity and I love seeing what you create. Take care and God bless. Hugs to you.

Tiffany said...

Virginia! You really rocked this card, OH MY! Love the look of the owl and the leaves, wonderful design!

Suzanne C said...

Owldorable! Sweet card and love your background technique.

Melissa said...

So adorable!!! I love the colors and how you made the ribbon his little perch! Clever!!!

Heather Maria said...

Oh wow Virginia, this is fab!! The owl is adorable and I love the fantastic bg - thanks for the link to the video! All the leaves are gorgeous too!

Ruby said...

Aw this is SO cute Virginia! Love the colours you've used!

laurieloou said...

Beautiful card! Love the cute little owl and the colours are gorgeous! x