Monday, November 8, 2010

Calendar Card

Is there such a thing? Calendar card? Why, there IS! I made one up with the fun digital images from Tiffany Doodles. I used three images from her designs
and Laptop
And.....you've got a custom-made calendar card! I made a metallic version using the handy glittery gel pens to color the rims of the laptop. I then applied the Glossy Accent to cover it. After drying, I distressed the screen and keyboard.
Calendar Card (2011)
Here's the inside of the card. I created a pocket to hold the rest of the monthly calendar. I decorated each month according to the theme/event. I made this for my hubby who is a BIG Disney fan at heart. We are making a trip to Disney World in Feb., so I added a Mickey brad for that month.
Calendar Card (inside the card)
here is how they are tucked inside the pocket
This is such a fun project! Have you tried something new lately? I'm also sharing photos of my Apple Crisp. I made it for my DD Stephanie during her weekend visit...
she basically gobbled it all up.
 I'm glad that she took the photos BEFORE. In case you are wondering about the building of the Lego Tower Bridge.....here is a peek!
Yup, they 've got the Lego party started :) Great father and son bonding time!

18 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Wow, that calendar set is GREAAT!!!!!! I love it, great great idea!!!! and now i'm seriously hungry!

Berenice R. said...

So nice projects! Thanks for sharing :)

alexandra s.m. said...

OOOOhhh, i want some...so yummy!
and I love the calendar and what you've done with it Virginia!

Kathy said...

HOlly molly lady you have been busy..busy..busy. First I hope David had a wonderful and I want to see that lego tower. Love your calender and Tiff should be really happy how you take the time to show the digi's and all. Love your new blog header too...so darn clever. Hummm what am i forgetting?? Thanks for the huge dose of inspiration. Hugs sista,Kathy

Ann said...

Wow, what a great idea! LOVE it! And mmm to apple crisp! :D

Kathy Martin said...

What a great post with a little something for everyone...the crafter, the baker and the Lego fan! :) And I love it because I'm all three! :)

Tiffany said...

What a very fun and sweet design Virginia!! Noticed your clever banner with the Scrabble pieces, FUN! One of my favorite board games!

Simone said...

This is awesome! Love the calendar card idea Virginia - you are one creative genius! LOVE the look of that apple crisp too! :)

Barb said...

I love the way your creative brain works! Fabulous idea with the calendar card! Disney World?! I could seriously LIVE there!! Love that wonderful place. . .I am so jealous! Can I come too? (hee) Your apple crisp looks sooo yummy! and Isn't it amazing all the little baggies that they put the Lego pieces into? Wow! That is going to be quite the fun project! Great post tonight, my friend! Hugs! :)

lynzw21 said...

That calendar card is such a cute idea! I got apples in my organic veg box the past couple of weeks and was planning to make Apple Crisp tomorrow- now I really can't wait to make and taste the yumminess!!

Dawn said...

Love the calendar Virginia... perfect for your hubby's desk no doubt. Your dessert looks very yummy too.... I think I will have to come live with you!!!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

What a scrumptious post!! LOVE that calendar card and that dessert looks heavenly and who doesn't love legos!

Barbara said...

Your card is brilliant as well as beautiful Virginia! I loved seeing the in progress Lego pictures and your apple crisp looks delicious!

donna mikasa said...

So clever to mount your calendar on the laptop screen! Love that idea! Gives your card so much dimension! And I swear I can smell your apple crisp from here! Mmmmm......with vanilla ice cream, please!

Laural-Lee said...

First Virginia I love your title header! Such a witty idea! Your digi creations are fabulous and that apple crisp looks delicious. I haven't had it for years and it's making my mouth water. Want to send some to BC? I can't wait to see the finish lego bridge. I'll have to show it to the kids. They love LEGO

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Wow, how cool is this calendar card!! Love your idea! And look at those legos! That's some project! Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Alice Wertz said...

awwww.... you are a genius, V!!! LOVE the laptop idea and the pocket inside is to clever! LOOOOOOOOVE this project/card. and mm...... wanna try that apple crisp! can you share the recipe? it's ok if it's the "family secret" though. i'll understand! =) thanks for the progress on the Lego bridge, too!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful calendar! Delicious looking apple crisp. Glad the boys have something to entertain them while mom is out visiting her friends online. :)