Saturday, November 13, 2010

EtsyInspired Challenge #114

It's Etsy Challenge time! Our shop this week is Happy Day Designs that offers unique jewelry made with beautiful gemstones and silver. It's also FREE worldwide SHIPPING!  Winner prize are earrings!
Our sponsor is Whiff Of Joy Stamps
Winner gets stamps of their choice! How AWESOME!
Here's the item that inspired me..

I thought of red, circles, shiny things...So I made a monochromatic card. I have been wanting to make a background with scored lines. I love the simple lines and subtle textures.The sentiment is from Penny Black. I think it's perfectly fitting for the stamped wintery tree image from Hero Arts.
Etsy
Do check these awesome blogs out!
Ashley  Heart Hugs Designs
De  Bella Luna {Paperie}
Emily B. branch out designs
Emily N. Emmie-Lou Who Stamps &You
Joy  Crazy for Daisies
Kerry Capturing Creativity
Savannah  Savannahland 2
Stephanie Ingenious Inkling
Angie Blom (Nov. guest design)
 Virginia Yes, Virginia... (me)
Please link back your project here! Have a FABULOUS day! I will be back later today for my 2nd posting for ..Wee Memories..Challenge!

18 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

such a beautiful color and so pretty against the kraft base. lovely card, Virginia!

Kerry said...

Isn't that shade of red lovely?! Fabulous card...love the scoring and red accents!

Barb said...

Fabulous! Love the pretty necklace that inspired you, V! Gorgeous card! Those scored lines and pearls look so beautiful!

Dawn said...

what a stunner Virginia.

Emily Branch said...

OOOoooohhh!! I love the scored background and I've been experimenting with it as well! This card is super fantabulous!! I love the pretty pearls added to the scored centers and the lovely sentiment! NICE WORK!!

Sarah said...

Love, love, love this, Virginia!

Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow...Gorgeous card,Virginia!
Hey...I love your blog banner too!

Karen B. said...

Holy cats, this stands out in my Reader as a beautiful piece of art! Love the red pearls!

de said...

Virginia! Love this beautiful Christmas card! Love the bright red against the stark white! The embossing and red bling really make it POP!

Linda said...

that's super cute and effective! I always find my monochramatic cards are boring, but this is really beautiful!

great use of your inpsiration as always my friend! I hope I can join in this round of Etsy Inspired , but if not, maybe next time!

SmilynStef said...

Love the pearls with the scoring ... great Etsy Inspired design.

Lin said...

I love it! The pearls add so much!

Joy said...

gorgeous!

Vicky said...

Wow! didn't saw this post a couple of hours I've visited your blog! Amazing card! Love love all those red details! Oh! now I have to play along there as well :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So love this card!!!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

I LOVE this card! The colors just pop and I love the CAS feel to it. The brads really give it a "wow" factor!

Kathy Martin said...

LOVE this one V! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHH! This is FABBBBBY! I love the scored lines and those red brads! LOOOOOVE IT! you rocked this challenge;)