Saturday, November 6, 2010

Guest Design for ..Wee Memories...

If you come by for Etsy Inspired Challenge, please scroll down or click here This is my 2nd post for today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was so thrilled to be asked by sweet Jenny of ...wee Memories..  (which turned one!) to guest design for her awesome challenge blog for the month of November. I had to say yes, of course! Jenny's DT team is amazing and the challenges are so fun and inspiring. If you haven't tried it yet, well, it's time! My first guest DT assignment is to create a "Birthday Bash" theme card. Prize: Winners choice of 1 stamp set

Sponsor: There She Goes Clear Stamps.  I chose to use the color combo ( teal/turquoise, grey and white) from ETBKS Challenge # 26.
and here is the card I came up with.
I love the versatile SRM Stickers  and used the sentiment as the focal point for this card.
 I applied it on the shiny silvery grey paper and then run it through my CB with the oval diecuts. Add the little pearls. 
As for the background, I positioned the die cut and marked the spots for the silver- embossed Two Vine Scrolls images. I was so inspired by the talented Tiffany (see here ) and Ashley C. Newell's video (see here). I used the negative part of the Label 8 for the frame! Please check out the DT's fabulous work and I hope you join the ...Wee Memories Challenge!

27 comments:

Lin said...

Congrats, Virginia, on your guest design team appearance! Pretty card for the challenge!

Karen B. said...

Congratulations Virginia! Jenny picked the perfect guest designer. Your card is awesome, love the details and the overall softness and sophistication of it. So pretty!

Linda said...

really cute Virginia!! Congrats on the DT!!

Laurel said...

What a beautiful card, and welcome to Wee Memories!

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Barb said...

Congrats on the guest design spot, V! Love this elegant card! Such beautiful colors!

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia how gorgeous! I love the label as a frame! Who hooo so happy to have you with us at Wee Memories!

Sarah said...

Beautiful!!

paperella said...

Congrats on the guest designer spot, Virginia! Your card is absolutely stunning and so creative!

walchowDesign said...

Congrats on being the guest designer, Virginia! Love your clean cut card, absolutely a beauty!

Kathy Martin said...

Super pretty card V! Love the pearls and rhinestones...nice touch! :)

Dawn said...

what an amazingly beautiful card Virginia... no wonder Jenny asked you to be a guest designer. This is stunning

BabyBokChoy said...

Congrats !!!! and what a beautiful card, the colors are so so soft!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Karen from MI said...

BEAUTIFUL, STUNNING card, Virginia! I just LOVE the colors that you chose and your design is SO PRETTY! It is easy to see why Jenny chose you for her guest design spot. I can't wait to see MORE inspiration from you. Hope that LOTS of stampers will be up for the WEE MEMORIES CHALLENGE......I KNOW that they will be, with your inspiring work. Love, Karen xoxoxo

Alice Wertz said...

congrats on the guest DT spot!! so well deserved! and wow! your card is so elegant. LOVE the silver embossing and the pearls around the sentiment. gorgeous card. LOVE IT!

Simone said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the glitter and bling! I'm am sooo happy you are our guest DT this month! I LOVE your work :) Haha and the new blog header is so fun!

Ann said...

This is beautiful, Virginia! SO glad to have you on the Wee Memories team this month! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge, too! :D

Monika Reeck said...

Virginia, Congrats on being the guest designer, and love your design here is looks so elegant card...great creation...I just Join the EBTKS challenge and my card is number 33, maybe you would like to see my Blog :) many thanks before...hugs, Monika

Nancy said...

You are the perfect Guest Designer for wee memories, Virginia! and of course you proved it with this fabulous card! I'm looking forward to all your wonderful inspiring work, Congrats!
blessings...

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

Congrats, Virginia!! Your card is beautiful! Love the silver!

Tanya Tahir said...

Wow your work is stunning! Congrats on the GDT!

darling Ho said...

Pretty card! :)
I am so happy to know you are come from Taiwan.
Nice to meet you. :)

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Virginia, this is so beautiful. Glad to have you on board!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on the guest DT spot! You are so deserving...Your card is so elegant. I love all those pearls!

Jenny said...

Love it, thanks for the great post!!! :) :) :) :) :) So glad you like joining us and so happy to have you!!! :D

Winter said...

Beautiful! And I LOVE your new blog banner! Thanks so much for joining us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful design on your card. Love the shimmery cardstock. Congrats on your guest design position.