Wednesday, November 17, 2010

NEW Series--- Wednesday's Cookie/ Card (week 1)

Do cookies and cards mix? Apparently YES! At least they do co-exist in my blog. This has been an idea slowly brewing/cooking in my head. Thanks to my DD Stephanie, she complained several times that I don't make cookies like I used to any more...thanks to my avid card-making (well, something's gotta give!). So the clever girl suggested : "Why don't  you make cookies FIRST and then take the inspiration from the cookies and make a card/project!?". BINGO! Since holiday season is coming fast and furious, I am taking this chance to make cookies for people we appreciate throughout the year-teachers, friends and neighbors, just like I always do. This new Wednesday's feature will motivate me to make cookies and cards. Sounds good? I plan to do six Wednesdays up till Dec. 22. Hope you will support me in this endeavor and you can also reap some tasty benefits.
So let's get on to the cookie part...the recipe is from Martha Stewart's Chocolate Thumbprints. I was a little rusty on making this batch..so my cookies appeared to be way bigger than the suggested size (easier to eat, right!?). I started with the dough and then used my thumb to make the indents.
The making of the chocolate sauce
Fill in the sauce....this is the yummiest part :)
What do you think? Give it a try? It's really not that hard. I didn't have quite enough of the chocolate sauce, so I filled two with some jam that a dear friend brought from France (you can use ANY jam).
Do make sure you read through the entire recipe beforehand. Last but not least...the cookie-inspired card! 
I thought of circles, light brown, cream, red and pink.
just because
I hope this post will inspire you to try the recipe or to make a card!  I'm thankful that I have this creative outlet to share my love of cooking and card-making with you. I would love to see what you cook up as well, please link your cookie-inspired card or card-inspired cookie (or BOTH) with the Inlinkz ! You can say this is the NEW cookie/card swap.

37 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... what a happy post, Virginia! Love your yummy cookies and card, make me want some cookies now! :) Thank you for sharing the yummy recipe and your beautiful card!

Have a fabulous week!

alexandra s.m. said...

YUMMY! I'm screaming because once again your post is pure eye-candy!
Love these cookies, I saw the issue this afternoon, I think I'm going to have to get it now...who knows maybe that way my card can be half as pretty as yours? ;-)

lynzw21 said...

Ooh yummy! What a great idea for a blog series!! Not so great for my weightwatchers though lol, so I'll just have to enjoy looking at your cookies rather than play along!!

Barb said...

This is such a fun idea, V! Love your yummy looking cookies and adorable card!

ivy said...

love your card & the fun colors!

did you see martha has an app for cookies?

any extra cookies, send over here! the boys will gobble them up!

BTW, love the new blog header!

Dawn said...

what a super idea Virginia. I usually only make mini pecan pies at Christmas.... so will have to think of a card idea to share.... but meanwhile, maybe this will inspire me to try something else.

Sarah said...

Great idea, Virginia! LOVE your card and the cookies look yummy too!

Karen B. said...

Awesome idea Virginia, your cookies look delish and love the inked edges on the card.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Scrumptious!!! Both the cards and the cookies!!!

China said...

I´ll try both,hahaha! thks for sharing the recipe and the card, beautiful idea!!! :o)

AnitaRex said...

AHA this was Stephanie's idea! What a clever girl! :> I can see your family missing out on the baking! :> What a great idea! And do I ever love your card! It's so pretty and I love the design and seeing how those yummy cookies inspired it!

Lin said...

This is a fantastic idea, Virginia! Can't play this week, but I hope to down the road. LOVE the card your cookies inspired!

Tiffany said...

How fun Virginia! I love your tasty recipes and I think your card is absolutely darling!!

DebStampsLife said...

What a wonderful idea for your blob Virginia! I enjoyed your both your cookie and card recipes!

Louise said...

Yummy cookies Virginia! Cute card too! And congratulations on being twitted by Hero Arts!

Kathy (krolski) said...

What a fantastic idea! I love your card Virginia and the cookies look delicious!! Please save me some. heehee... :)

Nancy said...

Oh, wow! I want some cookies, these look scrumptious! I will be whipping up a batch of these yummy little morsels. I am so awed by your talent, Virginia....cookie making and card making, you are an expert with both! Loving your sweet card, it holds its own with the sweet cookies.
bless you!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Love your idea of cookies and cards--this is a great idea. The cookies look yummy and your card is very cute.

scrappin.bari said...

The cookies and card go so well together, Virginia! What a fun idea!

Kathy Martin said...

YUMMY! I provided the dinner and you have dessert. I should write that on my post....go see V for dessert! ;) Those look so good! My hubby loves thumb print cookies filled with jelly. I'll take chocolate! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Seriously, must you kill me with these pics of FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD??? I'm gaining weight looking at them!!!!!!! Gorgeous cookies and the card totally matches!!!!!!!!!!

Simone said...

This is such a fun idea Virginia! Those cookies look soo yummy and so does your card! Beautiful :)

Stephanie said...

I totally forgot that I suggested this idea...it is a good one if I do say so myself! :P

Wish I was home to eat up those cookies. They look great (and huge). :D

Alice Wertz said...

awww.... love love love this post, Virginia! mmmm.... drooling over here once again.... =) YUM! and girl! that card is fabulous, too!! wow! superb design. super yummy! you do know my address, right? we can use some cookies! =)

Vicky said...

Virginia, I love this idea with the cookies/cards!!! I am definitely gonna play! Your card is lovely and the cookies are yummy I am sure! OK off to copy that recipe and I'll be back with a card as well :)

Kryssi said...

you are so creative!!!

Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow...ohmy..I want the cookies!!! Love your card too,Virginia! You are so CREATIVE!!!

Trinh said...

What a wonderful series, Virginia! Those cookies look SO yummy. I will have to make some time to try out the recipe and hopefully make a card too. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a BEAUTIFUL entry and all the work that you put into it to make it so SPECIAL!! Love EVERYTHING about it! The photography, recipe and your card are SPECTACULAR! It's going to be a FUN, six weeks. I sure wish that I could play along.........I'll just have to savor your recipes and also cards and once things are in order over here, play "catch up"!! :) I'm looking forward to learning some things, too. Love, Karen xo

Petra Tillmann said...

How creative! Your cookiecards are great!

jintyoo7 said...

They look delicious and I love Bonne Mamam jam :o)
Your card is beautiful too, such sweet colours and lovely sentiment.

donna mikasa said...

What a fun challenge, Virginia! You and Stephanie are so creative and FUN! Love your cookies and the inspiration for your fabulous card! Can't wait to see more cards 'n cookies!

Suzanne C said...

Yummy! Wonderful card. Love the design.

paperella said...

Yummm! So sorry I couldn't comment before, Virginia, but I've been without internet conection for 5 days. Both the cookies and the card look delicious!

walchowDesign said...

Hmm! Yummy cookies which you made! Wished we have an opportunity to taste your cookies! Love the inspired cookies card as well!

jaemom said...

WOW, V!! I'm so impressed with the gorgeous card you created from your yummy cookie inspiration! Tell Steph this was a grand idea! :)

Ellis said...

That's a wonderful idea from your friend! =)
Beautiful card!
Hugs, Elenor