Monday, November 22, 2010

Sarah's Visit

I have know Sarah Just Visiting) early on when I joined Hero Arts Flickr Group 2 years ago. It turned out she lives only one and half hour away. We had met last fall for the 1st time for a Scrapbook retreat. So glad that my blog post( here)  inspired Sarah to re-visit my area--the market, shops are enough to entice her and her Mom to visit me! We spend 4 hours in the market, antique stores, scrapbook store ( it took us the longest time and most $ were spent  there). I spent the most on local produce!Just sharing a few photos here with you....There's Sarah shopping!
Sarah's mom is just DARLING. I love her gentle tone and voice! She kept a great pace of shopping--love that!
It was cold ( around 5 C/40s F) and a bit windy...but I felt the warmth :)
Sarah and Virginia
My first time eating a Doner Kebab (beef). It was really yummy!
Cookies at the market....pretty SWEET, huh?
I find them very "inspiring"....and tempting...
These knitted wear are SO cute!
More browsing
Saw some neat antiques!
Lastly, the sight of these sock monkeys make me happy!
Thank you, Sarah and Margaret, for making this fun trip here! Lastly, a preview of the Cookie/Card Inspiration (week 2)
Sneak Peek (Card/Cookie Series-week2)
--coming here on Wednesday! See you then!

21 comments:

donna mikasa said...

I felt like I was there with you and Sarah and her mom! Great photos and I'm looking forward to the cookie inspiration! That pizzelle looks yummy!

Dawn said...

How great to meet up with friends to do the things you love. Great pics Virginia.

Vicky said...

I wish I was there with you two!Chatting and shopping at the market... and the scrapbook store?! never been in one, there are no scrapbook stores in Greece... I always buy stuff from e-shops. Can't wait for the next recipe, loved the preview :)

Barb said...

Hi V! Love the photos! How fun that you were able to meet Margaret too, and love the picture of you and Sarah. . .so nice to see both of your sweet faces! Looking forward to your next cookie card! :)

Lin said...

Thanks so much for the lovely pictures, Virginia; I almost feel like I was with you!

Agata said...

WOuld love to shop with you!!! Great meet!

Simone said...

Looks like you both had an amazing time Virginia! Soo glad you shared your wonderful pics with us :)

Tiffany said...

Wonderful fun the both of you had! Great of you to share the pics Virginia! It does look so cold, yikes! 40F is so not my type of weather! lol...

CinnamonSally said...

Looks like a fun day with Sarah and her Mum, Wish I could spend a day shopping there, would have to wrap up warm though!!

Sarah said...

Great post, Virginia! Glad you took so many pictures so I could relive the day. We really had a great time! Thanks so much! :)

Anne said...

How wonderful that Sarah and her mom came to visit with you- sounds and looks like you all had a wonderful time! I had the pleasure of meeting both of them at Scrapfest and they were both as sweet as can be :)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, your pictures are great--thanks for sharing. Sounds like you girls had a wonderful time. Take care and hugs to you.

AnitaRex said...

Looks like you had such a great time! Sarah and her mom are wonderful! :> I love seeing what you saw! Those cookies look yummy! And I love those hats! I would buy too many!

Kathy (krolski) said...

How fun! Looks like you all had a great time! Love the sock monkeys too! Can't wait to see your card on Wednesday! :)

gberry14 said...

So glad you two had such a wonderful visit! Love all the shopping photos! Love those sock monkeys! I had one when I was little! Really enjoyed photos!-Leesa b.

Karen from MI said...

LOVED your post, Virginia! GREAT photos, too! That market looks, AMAZING! I know that I would have spent a TON there! It also looked CHILLY!! Yes, Sarah's Mom looks sweet and gentle. Having a daughter like Sarah, I'm sure she is! Can't wait to see your COOKIES on Wednesday. Won't be long.......that will be the day before Thanksgiving for us folks in the USA! Hope you're staying toasty warm this evening. Love, Karen xo

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE the pictures! How FUN!

alexandra s.m. said...

How fantastic! I'm so happy for you and thank you for sharing these great finds!

Suzanne C said...

What a wonderful visit! Loved all the photos of the market and of your guests!

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful pictures of you all! so jealous that you get to meet! thanks so much for sharing!

Deirdre said...

Wow, yum.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Hope you have a great day. Hugs from across the ocean, Deirdre