Saturday, November 13, 2010

..Wee Memories....Challenge # 31

If you come by for Etsy Inspired Challenge, please scroll down or click here.This is my 2nd post for today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you are enjoying your Saturday! As the guest designer at Wee Memories of November, I am sharing with you the latest challenge. The theme is " Dust off that Patterned Paper".
Have you ever bought that pack of pattern paper and you thought that the pattern paper "may" come in handy, but you almost rarely use it...well, this is the time to get it out and play! The winning prize is $20 Gift Certificate from  Paper Maniac. How fabulous, huh?
I used my Basic Grey pattern paper (which I love and never seem to use enough of it). The stocking image is from Kathy Martin's Digital Doodles' Night Before Christmas. Three different pieces of pattern paper paper were used here and the faux stitching with pierced holes were added for more interest. I also applied Glossy Accent for the outlines for the stocking.
Joy
Hope you get some time to play and please link up your challenge here! I' d love to see what you can do with the pattern paper! Have a wonderful weekend! In case you miss my Pride and Prejudice movie inspired card (see here) .

17 comments:

de said...

Love this Virginia! Another fav!

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh that is a lovely stocking card, great work Virginia!!!

Vicky said...

When I saw this fabulous card I knew I had to play along as well! You always amaze me with your creativity and I want to try and follow you by making at least half of the cards you make each week :) You really inspire me! Hugs!!!

Barb said...

What a neat card, V! Love the pp you used and your stocking is beautiful! Love the button with the sentiment tag too!

Sarah said...

Fabulous card, Virginia! LOVE your stocking!

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia I love this card! I love how you used the pp on the stocking! Such great choices! So pretty!

Fran, said...

Really cute card.
Cheers

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Your design here is fab, Virginia! So glad to have you with us, this month, at Wee Memories.

alexandra s.m. said...

love your card Virginia, the colors are also fantastic and bring so much warmth!
TFS!!

Dawn said...

wonderful card Virginia. Love the pp you choose... perfect for your card.

lynzw21 said...

Great idea for a challenge, and love your card! Your faux stitching looks real to me lol, how did you do it, with a stamp or marker? I may just have to play along with this one- have plenty of pp that I barely use!

Simone said...

Oh wow! My jaw dropped when i saw this Virginia! This is such a beautiful card!! I love the faux stitchingand that patterned paper! You rock! :)

Kathy Martin said...

Oh....look at your stocking card! Love the paper piecing! Such a colorful and festive one! Great zigzag stitching too! :)

Alice Wertz said...

this is sooooooo cute! love the big stocking. super design, too. wonderful card, Virginia!

Kathy Wade (krolski) said...

So, so cute!! I love what you've done with the pp and that cute stocking! LOVE it! :)

Suzanne C said...

Adorable stocking!