Saturday, December 18, 2010

Etsy Inspired Challenge #119

Welcome to Saturday's Etsy Inspired Challenge! Our shop Ling Glass was featured on Moxie Fab 11/3/2010! Winner gets a $10 Gift Certificate! How AWESOME! Please check her shop as they are full of amazing inspiration! Our Sponsor is the new and upcoming stamp design from Wilson Designs Stamps 
Prize: Wilson Designs Stamps are high quality photopolymer clear stamps for the modern crafter!They are made here in the US and hand drawn with care! You can shop here. One lucky winner will receive our Snowy Wishes set which is great for paper piecing or creating a fun winter scene! Wilson Design is kindly offering $2.50 shipping to anyone who mentions they came from EI Challenge Blog in their purchase description when you check out. Wow!
 I drew my inspiration from this gorgeous pendant set. (This is a reversible pendant made from the paper of Chinese red envelope. It is sandwiched between 2 clear glass and soldered the frame with lead-free solder. Photo shows the 2 different patterns of ONE pendant.)
 I give it a little twist and came up with this birthday card. It's been a while since I used the Asian Flower set from Hero Arts (Asian Elements) and came up with  this....
Have a HAPPY Birthday
Please check out my fellow DT as they always knock my socks off!
De  Bella Luna {Paperie}
Emily B. branch out designs
Emily N. Emmie-Lou Who Stamps &You
Joy  Crazy for Daisies
Kerry Capturing Creativity
Savannah  Savannahland 2
Stephanie Ingenious Inkling
Virginia Yes, Virginia... (me)
Dec. Guest DT  Laurel Beard
This will be the LAST Etsy Inspired challenge for 2010. We will take a holiday break from the challenge! Can't believe Christmas is just around the corner! Please link back your project here. Have a GREAT weekend!

23 comments:

de said...

This is So beautiful Virginia! I love how you emulated the pendant! AMAZING!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is just lovely! I love the colors and the beautiful stamp! Very very pretty!

Dawn said...

just awesome Virginia. Such great work

Alice Wertz said...

simply gorgeous, V! so elegant and the colors are so yummy! love it!

Barb said...

Love your card even more, now that I've seen the pendants! Beautifully done, my friend!

Lin said...

Your take on that gorgeous pendant is perfect! Beautifully done, V!

Cheryl Nelson said...

So lovely! love your interpretation of the inspiration!

StampinCathy said...

This is one fabulous and inspiring card. Love the colors and how you popped the flowers. You are going to put a BIG smile on that birthday person.

Emily Branch said...

WOWZERS!!! I love love love the combo of the two inspiration pieces into one GENIUS design!! Your work is always sooo new and cutting edge, and I love love love visiting this page to see pure card-making GLORIOUSNESS!!! SUCH A CUTE DESIGN!

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful card Virginia!

Kerry said...

I love that you used an actual silver rimmed tag and such a beautiful flower image too! Happy Holidays!

Joy said...

gorgeous, as usual!

Michele Gross said...

Gor-JUS!! Love this :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Again, you knocked the challenge out of the ball park. Love the subtle flowers and it is so very pretty!!

alexandra s.m. said...

GORGEOUS my Friend! and it is so nice to see these fresh colors and blossoms!!

Diana said...

WOW, lovely! Miss you friend! All new cards on my blog. Happy Holidays!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is beautiful, Virginia! I just adore that silver rimmed tag! :)

Suzanne C said...

What a beautiful inspiration and card! Love that you used the same flower and added a small tag like the pendant on your card.

Simone said...

This is so elegant! I love those gorgeous colours and the flower! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful! I love the card you've created based on the pendant. So pretty!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Great inspirational card. I love those beautiful flowers. Soooo pretty.

Tiffany said...

This is sooo pretty! I love this flower set when it first came out, it is still a classic beauty!

My First Card said...

Stunning.........