Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Recipe for Friendship

What's your "recipe" for Friendship? This New Hero Arts Digie Kit Recipe for Friendship sums it up so beautifully! I fell in love as soon as it was released!
Friendship Recipe
I pop-dotted the Recipe for Friendship and distressed the background with distress inks (Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Fire Brick, Weathered Wood, Broken China, Vintage Photo). The fun part was adding the cotton balls for the "whipped cream" and the twines! I added the shine with blue Stickles and glossy Accent on the cooking utensils. Don't you just love the "recipe"?
Friendship Recipe
I was so lucky (again!) to be able to meet Sharon in Ottawa while I visited my in-laws during the Christmas holiday. I met Sharon through Hero Arts Flickr. Sharon came across to me as caring, kind and sweet! And yes, she was just as I thought as soon as I sat down with her.
We chatted for over two hours as we had so much fun talking about all things stamping.  I even  forgot to collect Sharon's autograph for the sign Hero Arts. So ...I guess it will be next time!! Thank you, Sharon for the lovely craft goodies that you gave me! I'm heading to a friend's new house for a birthday celebration tonight. No cooking for me--which means more time to "play" :)

20 comments:

Dawn said...

great picture of the two of you Virginia. Isn't it neat to meet up with people you "meet" on line. Love the recipe card. Very cute.

Ann said...

Love the beautifully colored bg & all the little details on your recipe!

Isn't it fun to meet stamping friends? I love it! :D

AnitaRex said...

Your card is so great! I love the cotton balls! Really makes it stand out! I really like your design to this card, and the sprinkles! Such a great recipe indeed! Love seeing the picture of you and Sharon! I love that you meet up with people from flickr!

Barb said...

So nice that you got to meet Sharon! Wonderful photo of the two of you! Love, love, love your card! So clever as always! Love the added cotton for the whipped cream and that sentiment is the best! What a fun kit! Happy New Year, V! :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

So fun that you got to me a stamping friend! I love your card, Virginia! The cotton whipped cream is fabulous! :)

Sherri Thompson said...

Virginia, this is such a sweet card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Kathy Martin said...

Great card V! So creative! How fun that you got to meet up with an on-line crafting friend!

Sanne said...

What a great design Virginia - love it!
Lovely picture of you two crafty girls - hope you had fun!
Happy New Year my friend!
Hugs Sanne

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, this card is so sweet just like you! Love the design with the twine and cotton. :) And the photo of you and Sharon is adorable. You look like you're having great fun!

Tiffany said...

I really LOVE all the whimsy that this digi kit offers, from the cute little mixing bowl to the curvy sentiments! You and Sharon look so happy, I'm glad you guys had a great time V! You are definitely making your way around the globe!! You are amazing!

Nancy said...

Love this card...it's the perfect recipe! How fun that you've met another of our group! I get the impression that Sharon is a real sweetheart too. Hopefully you will see her again soon!
Blessings in the New Year!

Alice Wertz said...

love love love this beautiful card, Virginia! the background is gorgeous and that sentiment is super! off to check out this digi kit. have fun! =)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH! This is a super dee duper card--LOVE LOVE LOVE that recipe! I love that you also met up with a friend! LOVE THAT! Bet you had a great time:) This card is FABBBBBBULOSO! LOVE it! Great job, Virginia;) I can't wait to see what you share in 2011! Happy NEW year!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a splendid way to finish off the year Virginia!!
Your car is marvelous and I'm so happy you could meet a new friend who shares your passion for stamping!

Hugs ~

Suzanne C said...

LOVE the colors and your card! Beautiful! What a great thing to visit with another HA groupie! :) You are the ambassador of HA. They should send you around the world to meet up with all the HA groupies! LOL!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful card. And love the picture. Happy New Year! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

What an adorable card, that photo is even better! Happy Gregorian new year, you know, the less important one, LOL.

Stamping Cafe said...

Happy New Year, my talented friend! Love your amazing cards, and looking forward for more! Wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy 2011!

Vicky said...

Me again! Just came over to congrats you for winning the digital challenge over at HeroArts! Well deserved!!! Whooo whoooo

Petra said...

Danke Virginia für Deine lieben Kommentare auf meinem Blog.
Ich bin von Deinen Werken total begeistert und komme bestimmt ganz oft vorbei.
Ganz liebe Grüße und alles Gute für 2011
Petra