Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday's Cookie/Card Series (Week 6)

Week 6 Cookie/Card Inspiration
Welcome to my LAST installment of the Cookie/Card Inspiration series. I am so thrilled to share the last 6 weeks of inspiration with you. When I cooked up this idea just over 6 weeks ago, I thought to myself: "What trouble have I got myself into!!?". Little did I expect such positive and welcoming responses from my blog friends and followers.You make this such a  treat for me to share my baking and creations! Now, let's get to business! It all started with my home grown herbs. I love having the fresh herbs around and Rosemary is one of them.
I used Martha Stewart's Rosemary Butter Cookies Recipe (see here).
After mixing the dough and roll them into tubes. Wrap the cookie dough up with wax paper and refrigerate the rolled dough for an hour. Then brush the dough with egg white and roll them in sugar.
Love the sugar-coated cookie dough! I added a few extra sprigs of Rosemary to decorate the cookies
And then I bake them for about 15 min. Really easy!
And now...onto the card! I chose the fern image from my most favorite 2010 Hero Arts Stamp set Leaf Prints to simulate the cookies! I also added the Stickles for the sugar-coating effect! Then I added the baker's twine form Twinery...FUN! Who knew making cookies AND cards can be this exciting!!?
DSC_00215102
I thank you for indulging me in this little series! I thoroughly enjoy every minute of it. Hope that you do, too! This post conclude the series. I am not sure what I will be planning for 2011, but I'm pretty sure this will not be the last inspiration series.
Have a SCRUMPTIOUS day! !!

22 comments:

Dawn said...

great recipe this week Virginia. Looks like a nice and easy one. Your card is adorable

scrappin.bari said...

Those cookies look delish, Virginia! And what a beautiful card inspired by them!! Best wishes for a happy holiday season!!

Barb said...

You really do inspire all of us, V! I absolutely LOVE that card! So amazing how you are inspired by cookies! I really enjoyed this series and look forward to what you have in store for us in 2011! Love and hugs and Merry Christmas! :)

Simone said...

Wow these look really yummy Virginia! I have loved every single one of your cookie/card inspiration posts - you are an amazing cook and an amazing inspiring card maker! I can't wait to see what else you come up with in the new year :)

Anni said...

Hi Virginia,
hmm, die Kekse sehen lecker aus! Schade, dass ich deine Challenge jetzt erst entdecke! Vielleicht schaffe ich es noch mitzumachen!
Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog. And the e-mail you wrote to me! I´m very busy at the moment but I´ll write back!
I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year!!

Alice Wertz said...

mmmm..... me love some rosemary butter cookie! =) these looks super! maybe we should try this for a little holiday present. thanks for the recipe! beautiful card, too! love the pretty colors you used, V! thanks for the happy mail! LOOOOOOVE everything about it! =) hope yours gets to you safely!

Lin said...

A wonderful finale! Though I'm not a fan of rosemary, I'd love to try these - they look beautiful. Your card is the perfect accompaniment! Wishing you and the family a wonderful Christmas, little sis!! See you soon!

judkajudi said...

yes, Virginia, thls has been a great adventure, seeing your beautiful cards inspired by your cookies! Your cookies are picture perfect!! Thanks for all you do to inspire the rest of us! Merry Christmas to your and your beautiful family!! Hugs!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Positively divine!! Both the cookies and the card!!!

Brenda said...

Love your card in the green and yellow! I have loved this series of yours, awesome, but if I baked everything you shared I would have needed a new wardrobe for Christmas! But these cookies look yummy and I might just have to try them out! Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is beautiful and the cookies look scrumptious! Thanks for the cookie/card series. I really enjoyed it and you always inspire me! Merry Christmas and Happy 2011 to you and your family!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

That card is just gorgeous and your cookies look just delicious. I really loved your cookie card series, Virginia. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful recipes, too!
HUGS!

Tiffany said...

Love the way you turned the nestie shape and all the glitter on the edges look yummy! Beautifully designed card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY GOOOOODNESS--Virginia--these look amazing! I LOVE how clever you are to find all these recipes and find inspiration with them! CLEVER! LOVE your card--those colors and leaves match perfectly to your delicious cookies:) MMM! I can taste them from here:) So glad to be back in the swing of things--I hate missing out on your posts!

Anne said...

I've never had Rosemary on a cookie before but they sure look delicious- will have to try these! Your card is just beautiful as well Virginia!

Happy Holidays

Suzanne C said...

These look fabulous and your card is perfect again with your inspiration! A very merry Christmas my friend! Have a happy and blessed new year!

Kryssi said...

omgee, i want some rosemary butter cookies too!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Awesome cookies, wow, and the card to match is out of this world!
merry christmas my friend!

alexandra s.m. said...

I must try these! Love your photos and card!
I hope you'll continue something similar next year for I have truly enjoyed every single of your posts!

Have a sweet Christmas Virginia!
JOYEUX NOEL

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Virginia--YOU are FEATURED over on the Create blog! HOOOOORAY:) Fabby job!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your card--super cute!!!!! Love that lace;)

Nat said...

Hi Virginia,
Wow your cooking always looks so tasty and these cookies are kicking my sweet tooth into high gear!
Best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and all the best in 2011 :)

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a way to go out with this amazing cookie recipe and GREAT card! These cookies look DELICIOUS, Virginia. Love that you actually used fresh rosemary, too. Great photo tutorial to follow. You really outdid yourself with your Wednesday cookie blog and card inspiration, Virginia. I really did enjoy it. Now I can't wait to try out many of your fine recipes, once our kitchen is completed. Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Love, Karen xo