Ready for more Wednesday's cookie/card inspiration? Since I started this series 4 weeks ago, I have received overwhelmingly positive responses (from family--yup, somebody HAS to do their share of work!) and your sweet sweet comments. I actually look forward to doing this ongoing project now as I find myself daydreaming about cookies and cards....Without further ado, we are onto this week's cookies called Milk Chocolate Fudge Crackles. There are many versions of these simple yet so striking-looking chocolate cookies. Martha Stewarts' version is here.Some people also call these types of cookies as Chocolate Crinkles. I used this recipe that came through the fliers in the mail and I am really happy with the yummy results. I tried Martha's version before, but I thought this one is actually the best kind I made so far.
Milk Chocolate Fudge Crackles.
1/4 cup Crisco all-vegetable shortening ( all butter is also fine, I used half butter, half shortening)
1 cup semi-sweet Chocolate chips
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup Eagle Brand regular/low fat Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup icing sugar
1. preheat oven to 325 F(160C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (not a must...I skipped this step, as long as you greased the pans)
2. In glass bowl in microwave, melt shortening and semi-sweet chocolate chips on Medium (50%). Add sugar and then eggs one at a time, sirring well after each addition. Let cool 5 min. ( I melt mine in a stainless bowl over boiling water in a pot and it works really well also).
3. Mix in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Then add flour, baking powder, salt, milk chocolate chips. Mix well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours up to 8 hours.
4. Between palm of hands, roll pieces of chilled dough to form 1 1/4" (3cm) balls. Drop balls into icing sugar and toss lightly until well coated. Repeat with the remaining dough and icing sugar, spacing 1 1/2 " apart on baking sheet.
5. Bake each sheet in preheated oven for 11-13 min. or until just beginning to feel firm when pressed in center. Let cool in baking sheet on wire racks for 5 min. Transfer crackles to wire racks to cool completely.
Steps (starting from left corner, clockwise)
So....for the card, I drew the inspiration from the colors--white, brown and gold (from the plate). This is such a great color combo. Very sophisticated, I find. I made THREE cards with this inspiration. I used this floating Garden stamp.
Thinking of You
You Make Me Smile
I hope you enjoy this post as much as I do in creating these yummy cookies and cards! More photos from my DD Stephanie. I LOVE how my cookies look in her photos...just had to share!
Have a SCRUMPTIOUS day!