Monday, January 24, 2011

Hero Arts Inspiration Friday Photo

Isn't this photo bright and lovely!? It's an absolute contrast from the "white stuff" outside of my windows! This was part of  the challenge photo at Hero Arts (see  here). I knew it will be a challenge for me to come up with something decent. When the weekend came, I could really use some "paper therapy", I did worked on it and came up with this.
DSC_00035473
It's nothing too exciting. But it did get me out of my comfort zone. And I didn't stop there, I took part in the Hero Arts Flickr Group Scramble Challenge (time limit is 1.5 hour, from start to finish). This card was made in about 30 min.  (more details here)
Happy wishes
I just noticed that the sentiment was not quite right....things we do when  we are in a hurry :)
Have a great week ahead!

16 comments:

Dawn said...

Just seen this on Flickr Virginia.... it is so pretty in the blues and greens. And your scramble card is super sweet. Love the pretty pinks.

Barb said...

What do you mean, "It's nothing too exciting?" I happen to think it's beautiful! Love how you used the inspiration colors! The soft stamping is so pretty and I love the scalloped edge and fun buttons! So glad you were able to play in the scramble, Virginia. . . love that card too! Your heart looks wonderful against the pretty lace frame!

walchowDesign said...

Love your pink heart behind the lace! It's so feminine!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards Virginia! Jo x

Simone said...

These are beautiful Virginia! Love the gorgeous colour combos on both! Stunning cards :)

Karen B. said...

These are fun cards! Its the process that is wonderful, right?

Kelly Rasmussen said...

your cards a great! so happy you got to play along with my inspiration photo! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

lovely work Virginia!

Emily Leiphart said...

Both of these are beautiful, Virginia! I just love your nature scene and the Valentine is so pretty!

mimijudy1975 said...

I like seeing a rectangular doily used for the background. Your embossed heart is so pretty.

alexandra s.m. said...

Wonderful cards Virginia!
I must go and check the challenge at H.A

Thank you ~

Vera Rhuhay said...

These are so Beautiful, Virginia!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia! I really love the rectangle looking doily! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Gorgeous colors Virginia!!! I love these colors!

Alice Wertz said...

both cards are beautiful, Virginia! i don't think i can make anything like you did in 90 minutes!!! wonderful work, girl!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful blue and green card and the scramble card is fabulous!