Friday, January 21, 2011

I {heart} SRM Stickers!

My official post for the DT with the SRM Stickers has not started yet since the project with the SRM Stickers Blog will not be out till February. But that doesn't stop me....I have been making SO many cards with the stickers! I NEED to pracitce! The ease of using these transparent stickers is really appealing to me. After spending a good chunk of time working on the designs, colors, layout....when all that is done, I just want reach out a sticker and finish it off. Here are three cards that I made.
Thanks so much!
This new stamp Lace Frame from Michael's is so feminine and delicate, so I wanted to use intricate-looking flowers. This stamp Starburst came in handy since I can just use the center part of the stamp! YAY, more ways to use a BIG stamp.
SRM 2
Next is a butterfly card. I have been wanting to try clear embossing for the background and this is the result.
happy anniversary
I cleared embossed the butterfly background and then paper-pieced the two butterflies. Add Crackle Accent and some Stickles. Then add the ribbons and button....by this point, I just want to get it done! Apply sticker--end of the story!
Some interesting facts about this masculine card:
~recycled coffee sleeves for the added textured look (FREE)
~faux stitching for details (EASY)
~purchased shirt button from Wal-mart (CHEAP)
~Apply the sticker to the wheel (YAY)
birthday boy
Hope that you are staying warm. I can't wait to go down south (a trip to Florida is planned). I'm counting down the days.... Working at hubby's office is HARD work! Why can't he just "fire" me!?
NOTE: Please drop by SRM Blog  and comment to win the latest new release!!

22 comments:

Tejal said...

I love the beautiful cards..love the clear embossing on the butterfly card..could you teach me how you do the ribbon on the card with the butterfly!! I tried and it turned out horribly! :(

Barb said...

You are so funny! You're way too good to be fired! Love these cards tonight! The frame on the first one is so pretty! Love the way you added the ribbon on your beautiful butterfly card and the bike card is adorable! Can I PLEASE go to Florida with you?!! I'm freezing!

Dawn said...

LOL -I like your final comment Virginia. What a hoot! Love your cards, I'm always looking for inspiration for male cards. Enjoy Florida... sounds like you need the break in the warmth

donna mikasa said...

Oh, Virginia...you are too valuable to Dr. John! How can he fire you? I just love all of your cards! The clear embossing looks awesome, and I can't wait to try it! Love the SRM stickers on your cards--so classy!

Enjoy your trip to Florida! It's almost as nice as Hawaii, but you'll have to come here to find out for yourself!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Virginia,

Love your cards today, especially that middle one! Wow, those butterflies look amazing in clear embossing, works perfectly! Great cards!

Hugs, Wendy

Sarah said...

Beautiful cards, Virginia!!! Love the soft colors in the first and the yummy colors in the second card. The third card is so fun with it's multi-colored background!

Lin said...

Looks like working at the office isn't cramping your style, at all, Virginia!! Can't wait for your vacation either :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

Absolutely fantabulous work!! I'm in awe!!!

Dezinaworld said...

beautiful. i love them all especially the anniversary card
have a lovely weekend
hugs June

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, your cards are gorgeous and I especially love your butterfly card. The butterfly background is wonderful. Have a wonderful time in Flordia.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful cards Virginia! I love the butterflies! The card just shines! We are still in Florida. Wish you were here now so we could meet up! :) When are you going?

Elizabeth Allan said...

You have an amazing blog Virginia. So many lovely creations!

Patrice said...

Great cards!

BabyBokChoy said...

These are seriously amazingly beautiful!

Tammy said...

Lovin' that second card with the clear embossing--stunning. I LOVE butterflies!!

Emily Leiphart said...

HAHA, you're so funny, Virginia! Your cards are wonderful! I love the way you used the square doily frame and the starburst. I love using parts of stamps, too! The embossed butterfly card is gorgeous!

Ann said...

Beautiful cards, Virgina! I LOVE those flowers & butterflies! Gorgeous!

lynzw21 said...

Those clear embossed butterflies are gorgeous!!! Definately going to have to CASE that idea :) You are intriguing me with the SRM stickers- they really don't look like stickers at all, they look like they were perfectly stamped into place!! Can you tell they are stickers when looking at the cards IRL?

Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's good to be back :)

Suzanne C said...

Love all of them! The anniversary card is so beautiful. The flowers on the first card really pop and the background on your last card was fun!

Vicky said...

WOW!!! Amazing creativity! Love them all but that second card with the butterflies is so beautiful! Love the background, the colored butterflies and what can I say about that gorgeous ribbon?!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH yes you did! You did it again! BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL! x3! I loooooooove each of these cards--that butterfly card is STUNNING and my FAV! <3

Alice Wertz said...

wow! fabulous cards! love the colors you used. the butterfly card is amazing! beautiful work, V.!!