Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cards with Scraps and ...An Award

I must confess...I have a problem with SCRAPS. I tend to keep my scraps in a container and when it's all filled up, I start another container. I have many many little piles of scraps in boxes and they are getting out of control. I just could not bear to toss them out! Do you have that problem? This week's Wee Memories's challenge is to use up scraps. I jumped at the chance to do some very minor clean-up. Here's my take:
just saying hello
It's a very simple card that I used up the Inchie Arts pieces that I made a while ago. They were, as you know, sitting in my pile! I layered it with gold paper for accent and stamped the sentiment.
Here's onto an award that was given to me by my new blog friend Emily Leiphart who lives not that far away from me (YAY!)
To accept this award I need to do a few things:
1.Thank the person who gave it. Thank you, Emily! I would really really love to meet you in person! (check)
2.Copy the award and put it on your blog (check)
3.List three things which you love about yourself.
   #1. I love the fact that I speak a few languages-Taiwanese, Mandarin, English and German.
   #2. I like to encourage people whenever I can. The world needs more people with positive attitude    ( am I right, people?)
   #3. I can make up meals as I go. I love a quick challenges--in card-making and cooking!
4.Post a picture that you love. Here's a photo of my two lovely kids. In fact, Stephanie took this herself!
5. Pass this award to 5 people--in no particular order (check)
Lynsey (new to card-making ,super sweet and talented)
Savannah (my new best blog friend who I will meet soon)
Dawn (a sweet, talented and loyal friend and can use some TLC)
Alexandra (keeps a beautiful and trendy blog and I just love her)
Barb ( always encouraging and "happens" to be super talented)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

30 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Virginia you make my day!!
I really enjoyed your post and learning more about you ;-)
I can't believe you made this beauty just "like that", what is your secret Girlfriend??!! Seriously!!

hugs ~

Ann said...

Such a sweet scrappy card! Love the pic of your kiddos, too!

Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful card and beautiful kiddos! It is so funny that you mention your different boxes of scraps-I have those too! In fact, today I am re-organizing my craft studio. I keep putting off the dreaded task of going through those scraps to see what it is I really should be keeping, and what should get tossed.
It is amazing how much "stuff" I accumulate, so I really do not think it is necessary to keep scraps, but I do!

Hugs to you sweet Virginia!

Monika Reeck said...

what a cute Photo of David and Stephanie...they are now big Boy and girl...wie gehts dir und dein Arbeit...ich vermisse dich sehr aber ich weiss du hast viel zu viel zu tun, bei mir auch.Zur schule jeden tag mach mich keine Zeit Karten zu basteln :) schoenes Wochenende...hugs, Monika

donna mikasa said...

Such a creative use of your scraps, Virginia! Love the inchies and the very simple design. And congrats on your award and for sharing a little bit more about you! Love the pic of Stephanie and David...

BabyBokChoy said...

Your card is totally darling but your kids are way way way more so :)

Karen B. said...

Super super cute picture! Fun to learn more about you as well. Oh, I really came here to comment on your card, right? Love it. Love seeing fall, so fresh in the midst of winter.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love how you accented the inchie pieces. Adorable CAS card. Your kiddos are darling! :)

Kathy Martin said...

Oh yes, V! I have soooooooooo much scraps that I would swear they are breading! Great card and way to use those scraps! Love the pic of your beautiful children!

Barb said...

Awww, thank you, V! How nice! Love your pretty card using scraps. . .I need to do this too! Mine are getting out of hand!

Tiffany said...

You're so good at using up all your scraps! I never tend to touch mine, need to be better about that! Love the photos of Stephanie and David, too cute!

Dawn said...

Virginia... Your number 2 is so right.... thank you for for being you!!!!!!!!!!! You are so encouraging... and yes this comes at a very good time. Today was my stamping friend Sue's funeral... a sad but uplifting time... so thank you my friend. And I like your "scrappy" card

lynzw21 said...

Aww thanks Virginia, for thinking of me to pass on the award to!! Love your scraps card- I am getting a growing pile of scraps, I should have a session of scrap card making before our move so I don't have to box them all up and take them with me :)

Alice Wertz said...

wow! fabulous card, Virginia!! love love love the simple design. super card, girl! thanks for sharing about yourself, too! and you are right about #2!! thanks for being so sweet and encouraging, V! they mean a lot to me. =)

Cheryl Nelson said...

LOVE this beautiful card!!!

Vicky said...

I love your style Virginia and this clean and simple card is no exception! The kids are adorable!!!

Wendy said...

So glad to hear other people have mounds of scraps. Great use of them on this card, thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your card is perfect. Who would have thought that these were scraps! Your children are beautiful. Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself. You are beautiful inside and out!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I like the way you used the scraps. Great card! I do the same thing. I have several different containers with scraps. Pretty soon, they'll be taking over my craft space! :) Congrats on the award! I always love your positive attitude and I love seeing photos of your adorable kids!

Emily Leiphart said...

Your inchies card is wonderful, Virginia! I love the beautiful fall colour.! It's so wonderful to read more about you. I love that you speak four languages (me, too) and the photo of your kids is awesome!

Giovana said...

Awesome way to use all your scraps! Thanks for playing along at Wee Memories!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Hi Virginia!!! I have the same problem! :( I save lots of scraps... but I am about to get rid of them... I don't have more space!!!
I love your card!

Jenny said...

Sooo cute V!! Love it!! :) :) :) cute kids too!! :D

Brenda said...

How do you do it! Your cards are always totally outstanding! Love this beautiful card with awesome colours and so much white space!

Simone said...

Soo soo cute!! Great way to use up scraps! The picture of Stephanie and David is so fun and cute too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wee Memories :)

Sarah said...

Wonderful card, Virginia! LOVE your design! Thanks for playing with the Wee Memories challenge!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is simply beautiful!!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee memories!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHH! What a beautiful card--love how you used up your scraps! And I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE you! LOVE LOVE LOVE you! You are the BEST friend ever! Thanks for the award:) I am honored! I will be sharing this in a couple of days on the blog!! THANK YOU:)

Jinny Newlin said...

Way to use those scraps, Virginia! And your children are just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us, so diligently, in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge! You are a treasure!

Laurel said...

I love this!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.