Saturday, February 26, 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #128

Welcome to Etsy Inspired Challenge. Our Shop: The Hidden Alphabet. Winner Prize is 8x10 Personalized LOVE Print. Example here. Our Sponsor is  Paper And Roses
Winner prize - TBD
I used this photo as the inspiration
I used the sentiment as  the dominant focus as the inspiration photo and did a bit of tweaking...This card is made mostly with stickers (LOVE is from DCWV stickers; cherish, love, adore are from the SRM Stickers). The only part that I stamped is form Hero Arts Stamp (Sew Artsy). I love the faux-stitched lines and I then paper-pieced it. Super simple and sweet!
DSC_00095619
Please check out the DT's fabulous work!
Kerry,   Ann Cox ( Feb. guest design)
Virginia (you are here).
Please link your project to Etsy inspired Challenge here. Last but not the least, today is an exciting day, I'm planning to meet my Hero Arts Flickr friend Lin (who I dearly call "Big Sis") and Savannah (yup, my super sweet Etsy Inspired DT mate!!) YIPPEE! I will be coming back from Orlando, Florida today...bye to Mickey and back to the Great White North.. Oh well, I did get to have TONS of fun and will share as soon as I recover from the excitement.

24 comments:

Joy said...

WOW! love this card Virginia...just stunning, love the simplicity!

joy said...

It is hard to believe that most of this card is done with stickers, Virginia! Your design is so pretty; I love it.

de said...

Oh my gosh Virginia this is AMAZING! I love this! Perfect, perfect card!

Jackie said...

We picked the same picture as our inspiration & it doesn't cease to amaze me how our projects came out different but beautiful! Very nice work Virginia!!!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! FABULOUS design!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is so so awesome!!!

Kerry said...

Fabulous layout...love the block letters and how you layered words over them. Wonderful card!

Joy said...

sooooo cool! so jealous you get to meet Savannah!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Loooovveee the love the faux-stitched lines. Adorable creation this week. :)

donna mikasa said...

LOVE this, Virginia! Your faux stitching is amazing! LOVE!!!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, and have fun meeting up with Lin and Savannah! Lucky you!

Barb said...

Wonderful card, V! Love what you've created from the inspiration piece! Have fun today, meeting with Lin and Savannah! Such lucky ladies! Can't wait to see the photos!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your adaptation from the photo to your artwork is fabulous. I love your card.

Brenda said...

That is such an awesome interpretation and I love the faux stitching!

Sherry Campbell said...

I am in love with your LOVE card!! It's so cute!!

Tammy said...

Super! What great inspiration!

BabyBokChoy said...

This is gorgeous!!! love your take on the challenge! Are you back to the frozen tundra yet? :)

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous! LOVE all of your sticker elements on this Virginia!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is fabulous! I love the design of this card, Virginia! I hope you're having a great time with Lin and Sav!

Ashley M said...

This is such a fun card Virginia! The heart just tops everything off perfectly!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! I know I told you before--but I love this card! I love that you used those stickers with the colors--and that stitching ..and the heart...oh my oh my! Beautifully done:) LOOOOVE it!

Alice Wertz said...

absolutely fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Virginia! you are amazing, girl! love love this pretty card!

Ruby said...

Ooh so trendy, love it Virginia, so clever!

Benzi said...

What a beautiful card with those stickers and faux stitches. It is so hard for me to work with yellow but you can pull it off beautifully, I see. Love your card!