Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Handmade Gift for A Teacher

I made this hanging sign for my son David's piano accompanist ( he plays cello). I noticed Liz 's bulletin board can use a hanging ornament of some sort. So I approached Liz and asked her what she would love to have on her bulletin board. I thought she may want a sign with musical notes/ background, but instead she requested : "anything with FLOWERS". So I hope Liz will like this. I embossed the Floating Garden
image in white. Then I distressed the flowers partially with TH distress inks (Fire Brick for the main image). I then colored the details in Prisma color pencils. I added the butterfly, lace, brads, ribbons. It was a VERY enjoyable process!
inspire educate motivate
The sentiment is from the SRM Stickers (Say It With Stickers-Teacher). I love how easy it is to apply the sticker over the image as it is transparent! Thanks so much for stopping by and asked about my new "schedule:... I'm coping well with working and blogging apparently :)

23 comments:

Dawn said...

So sweet Virginia. What great stickers... just perfect for this lovely tag.

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia this is gorgeous! I think for sure she will love this! :> The stickers are perfect as they show strongly on top of the embossed! :> Hope work is going well!

Barb said...

So sweet of you to notice that Liz's bulletin board looked a bit sparse. This should brighten it up nicely! Love the way you've colored the flowers, and the lace and butterfly are the perfect touches! So pretty, Virginia!

Isha said...

This is Gorgeous Virginia. Love your colored flowers, stamped partially in Red....gives a nice effect.

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely gift! I'm sure Liz will love this.

Marie-Anne

Brenda said...

So perfect and so beautiful for a teacher! Love the beautiful colours Virginia!

Simone said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous!! Love the beautiful embossing and colouring Virignia - you are a pro! Liz will absolutely love this. Such a fun idea :)

Lin said...

Liz will so apprecite this - everytime she looks at it she'll be reminded that spring is on the way!

Cheryl Nelson said...

sooooooooo lovely!!!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh my goodness. That is such a gorgeous gift. She will love it for sure!

Nancy said...

Truly beautiful, Virginia...such a wonderful gift!
bless you~

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, this is so pretty! You're so inspiring! Glad your work schedule is still leaving you some time to blog!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Such a sweet gift. I need some of those stickers for crafty creations for my classroom. :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I am sure she will just love this! Gorgeous creation, Virginia!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Stunning.

paperella said...

So, so beautiful! She's gonna love it :)

Jill said...

Love what you've done with this stamp! Beautiful gift!

Sharon D from Canada said...

How very pretty, Virginia! Your colouring on that flower image is beautiful and I love the sentiment you chose!
Congrats on the terrific Hero Arts tweet!

pcm said...

beautiful! i think she will love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT! I would love this if my student brought this in! Wait...why didn't my students give me this!?? I LOOOOOOOOVE IT! Love the colors --the sentiment--the butterfly. This my friend is SUPER GORGEOUS!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

What an amazing gift!! David's piano accompanist is going to love this! How very cool that he plays cello. I played piano and violin for 11 years.

Louise said...

So pretty Viriginia!!! Love the coloring of the flowers!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! girl! this is gorgeous! you are just so thoughtful and sweet! lucky Liz! she will treasure this. love the beautiful colors you used to color in the flowers and the details are amazing. love love this fab project, V!!!