Monday, February 28, 2011

Meeting Lin and Savannah!

When I stumbled back into card-making in the Fall of 2008, I thought I was merely re-learning my love of paper-crafting. Little did I know that it would also open a NEW world of making long-lasting friendships with some of the most amazing people in the world.
My recent vacation in Orlando, Florida gave me another chance to connect with my mentor and friend whom I have known for over 2 years-- Lin!  To add to that as a bonus, I met the SWEET Savannah (whom I have known through our DT from Etsy Inspired Challenge since last summer).. She fast became my new young best friend even since!
Here's a video for you. I must confess that I am a little very much embarrassed about this video as I seemed to be a crazy and overly excited woman (to put it mildly)! Nevertheless, I am sharing with you as it gives you an idea what it's like to meet my BIG sis Lin and the sweet Savannah!
Big thanks to our DHs (Denny and Dr.John) and my children who joyfully make this possible. We had lunch together at the Wave restaurant in Disney's Contemporary Resort. As you can see, I was proudly wearing the famous Hero Arts Pin Flower that Lin made especially for me!
Savannah enjoyed her chili as we chatted about all things related to cards. I even shared some tips about cooking with Savannah as she is determined to learn to cook and bake more (Say NO to eating out, Savannah!). Savanna is SO talented that she shared a few of her published work in the upcoming issue of Papaercraft  March/April issue and CARDS. Huge congrats, Sav, on your pub!!
Here's a dessert that we three shared
We took the monorail and explored the grounds in the Polynesian Resort
The surroundings were absolutely stunning....we all felt that we were living in a dream!
We managed to spend 5-6 hours together! It was super short, but oh...so fun!
I was beyond thrilled to finally see Lin in person . When it was time to say good-bye, my son David said: "Here's comes the water works!!"  And yes, my tears poured right out! Thank you, Lin, Denny and Savannah for driving 3 hours to see me and my family. I will always remember this special day!

26 comments:

Lin said...

LOOOOVE seeing these, Virginia.....sent you an email! We need to do this every year!!

joy said...

Looks like you had so much fun, Virginia! The photos are amazing, thanks for sharing. I look forward to meeting Lin myself when she returns from Florida. I think we have met, but not in the Hero Arts mode!! And, I can see why she has been your mentor - she is one amazing card designer!

de said...

Awww what a great post! I tried to view the video but it said it was private. Thanks for sharing these awesome pics! I would love to meet some of my fellow DT and papercrafters one day! I have met one, Erin Smetak (http://erinscrafts.blogspot.com/) when her family visited Myrtle Beach last year. It was so awesome! Its amazing the friendships we develop over the web and through our craftiness!

lynzw21 said...

Oh how fun Virginia! Looks like you all had a wonderful time :)

Sarah said...

Such a great post! So glad you could meet! Lin is definitely high on my list of friends to meet. :)

Tiffany said...

The pics really say it ALL Virginia! I'm so thrilled you guys got to meet up and looks like you had sooo much fun! LOVE the photos, thanks so much for sharing this journey of yours, V!

Barb said...

What a blast, Virginia! Love how excited you are in the video! I would have been the same way, that's for sure! So glad you had such a fabulous time together! Wonderful photos! Hugs! :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awwww love the photos. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It's so nice to meet bloggy friends. :)

CinnamonSally said...

You Lucky LUCKY lady Virginia, I would love to meet up with flickr friends, Thanks for showing us your memories.
Sallyx

donna mikasa said...

I'm sure you'll be meeting annually! How fun! Thanks so much for sharing!

pcm said...

what fun!

BabyBokChoy said...

wow, every where you go, you actually go meet up with people, so when are you coming to see me? :)

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Sweetness.... such a beautiful post about special friends.. so sweet!

Karen from MI said...

This truly was a dream come true for you, VIrginia! I am sure that Savannah and Lin felt EXACTLY the same way!! That David is SOOOOOOOO FUNNY!! Yes, I've been there for the "water works" and it touched me to tears, too!! :) Your heart is SOOOOOOO BIG and I know how much each of these "member's" meeting means to you. We love you, just as much as your very own FAMILY!! Now, WHO'S NEXT on your ROSTER???? Love, Karen xoxoxo

AnitaRex said...

Awww Virginia this is such a sweet post! I can really feel your love for your fellow friends! I love reading about you meeting and seeing the photos! So happy you had the chance to meet up with them! :>

alexandra s.m. said...

What a moving post Virginia!
Thank you for sharing your emotions and feelings so openly and vividly.
It's both an endearing and rare quality.
Don't change!!

Kimba's Kreations said...

This was such an incredible post!!! You look like you and Lin and Savannah had a GREAT TIME!!!!

Dawn said...

How amazing to get to meet these lovely ladies for real Virginia. I am jealous.... great photos of you all...

Alice Wertz said...

what a wonderful post, Virginia! so glad that you had a wonderful time together. no not jealous at all, not at all... you ladies look gorgeous!! love love love those photos and your sweet post!! =)

Arlene said...

Great post and so glad you've met Lin. It is so wonderful to meet those you've been sharing your lives with over making cards. Pretty amazing.

NinaB said...

What a blessing when we meet blog friends in person. I'm glad you got to do that with these lovely ladies.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is the sweetest post, Virginia! I'm so happy you three got to meet. It looks like you had a most wonderful time!! You all look so wonderful. Thanks for sharing these fabulous photos!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your photos! Looks like you all had such a great time! So thrilled for all of you!

Ayana Posadas said...

What beautiful pictures! How fun that you got to hang out with crafty friends. :)

Ashley M said...

Embarassing video? No! It just makes me like you that much more! You are too fun (okay, not too fun...just the perfect amount to brighten my day). :)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Wow!!! I am sure you had a lot of fun with Lin and Savannah Thanks for sharing those pictures, Virginia!