Sunday, March 6, 2011

Candy Border Punch and this and that...

I'm sure we all buy seasonal craft/stamp supplies that are meant for just one particular season, say Easter, Halloween...and Christmas. I bought this Martha Stewart Candy Border punch last year from the Valentine's Day Clearance Sale at Michael's. It was just too good of a deal to pass up. I think I got it for $5. Now for a MS punch at Michael's, that is a SWEET deal. But do I use it often? No! I often think it's for Valentine's Day...well, I think I should get it out more often. I came up with this card just to prove the point . edited note: I gave this card to my Etsy DT friend Savannah who I recently met in Florida for the first time. She is being featured as the Moxie Fabber of the week in Moxie Fab World. CONGRATS, Sav! You are, indeed, the SWEETEST!
SWEET
I used the Hero Arts Buttons and the rest is easy to put together. Other materials include: Twinery, MS candy border punch, SRM Stickers. I'm still catching up on visiting blogs and creating. Here's a COOL link as to how to make your handmade flowers from my dear friend Alexandra. Very inspiring blog. I hope you like the SO British theme and join the challenge at Scrap RDV.

Speaking of challenges, I like to know what's your favorite challenges to play. Over the weekend, I took part in the Hero Arts Flickr group Scramble card challenge. The duration is 1.5 hours (including creating AND uploading the card). I made this froggie card in 35 min. and I must say this is the first scramble card I'm happy about ( details here ). Beautiful cards do take time to make, in my view. The design process came rather easily, so that makes it extra fun.
Happy St. Paddy's Day
Have a HOPPY day/night!
Edited note: The Happy St, Paddy's Day Card was featured in CREATE Blog.Truly lucky!

30 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

I know I should not have looked, LOLOLOL. There's one punch I thought I could avoid... On a second thought, oh my horror, maybe I already have it and just never use it???!!!! oh dear me!!! Get ready to kiss me Virginia, I'm definitely Irish! :D

Sarah said...

Adorable cards, Virginia!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, Jing-Jing makes me laugh. (I do read the other comments!) These are so fabby, Virginia! I love the CAS layout of the first card and those forgs are too, too cute!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love these cards Miss Virginia!!! Love SRM Stickers!!!

Dawn said...

what a super cute card and great use of your punch... I can see it would be great for kids cards.... and your little froggies are just the cutest ever. Great design for 35 mins Virginia. You do have to do simple when doing the challenge, but this goes beyond plain old simple!!!!

Barb said...

Love that sweet candy border! Looks wonderful with the twine running through the middle! Love your scramble card too, Virginia! Those frogs are a riot!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh my gosh! These cards are sooooooo CUTE!

Joy said...

Super sweet cards Virginia, truly love them both, they make me smile!

Isha said...

Your candy border looks so yumm!!!! Beautiful card Virginia. I really like your Froggy card too. Thanks for always inspiring me.

Anni said...

Hi Virginia!
This card is the sweetest! You did a great job with the border punch!
Und auch die Frösche gefallen mir, aber das habe ich dir ja schon bei Flickr geschrieben!
Einen sonnigen Montag wünscht dir Anika

Marie-Anne said...

Those cards are great.

The punch you've used for the top one, would also be great for childrens birthday's I think.

Marie-Anne

Alice Wertz said...

awww... love how you used those candy borders! fabulous simple design and those frogs are sooooooo cute! and in 35 minute??? wow! fabulous card, girl! love them both and thanks for making me smile, girl! =)

Simone said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia! LOVE that froggy card! So fun and gorgeous colours :)

de said...

Love your cards! I think the frogs are my fav! I love frogs and these are too cute!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such darling cards!!! LOVE them!

justsomestuffimade said...

Fun cards Virginia! That sweetie border is perfect ;)
I'm never happy with my scramble challenge cards and hardly ever manage to finish in time, so they never get uploaded! I just don't seem to be able to get my skates on when it comes to creating. Ah well, thanks for the links btw, hugs, Ruth S

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE these cards--I love that froggie card...it's green (fav color) and I love HERO ARTS stamps:) But I have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweet card the MOST! It's in my room right now! I'm sharing it on Wed. on my blog along with pics from our trip! I just love that I got to meet you--you are the BESTEST! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU! Wish you lived closer! Hope your scarf is keeping you warm:) HUGS!!

liana suwandi said...

Hi Virginia,
Just stumble upon your blog, love all your cute stuff here.

Anette H said...

Oooo, so cute, Virginia!!! I love these colors, so SPRING!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Adorable cards! I especially like the frogs! :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Sweet, indeed! Sav will love this one, Virginia! So awesome that you got to meet her! :)

Karen from MI said...

I've said it over and over again, but your cards are so full of LIFE and are just so SWEET! I LOVE your colors, Virginia. Nice touch with the candy punch. You are SO CLEVER!!! Wish I had your talent, Virginia. My brain just doesn't do much thinking these days :( With your inspiration, hopefully, I'll be back on track, soon. Love, Karen xo

Kathy Martin said...

Goodness! Those frogs are so cute and I love that candy border punch!

AnitaRex said...

I don't think that punch is just for Valentine's Day at all! :> You could use it for so many things! :> Love this card, it's so fun! And love your froggie card, can't believe it's your first favorite 90 min scramble card!

Julie Hoffman said...

Too cute! Love the candy border it goes perfectly with that sentiment! Love the bright colors and twine too!

Your froggies are adorable! Great job making that card in 35 minutes!

Love them both!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

This is cute and totally perfect for Savannah.

alexandra s.m. said...

Your cards are marvelous and these 2 frogs make me smile form ear to ear ;-))

Thank you Virginia!

Elizabeth Allan said...

You made your froggie card in 35 minutes?!! It is so sweet. You're a great "scrambler".

Colleen Dietrich said...

Those challenges scare me! You managed to stamp, heat emboss AND fussy cut those frogs in that allotted time?? Wow!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE this card;) Just featured it on my blog yesterday! I just love love love how clever you are--so smart and talented! SUPER Moxie Fabby! That's YOU!!! And WORLD FAMOUS:) Wish you could come back and play with Lin and I!! You are welcome to visit anytime:) Blessings!!!!!! And lots of hugs;)